- Hospitals lift visitor age restrictions as number of flu cases decreases
- Winnebago County sheriff names chief deputy
- URGENT: Four votes and we could lose on Keystone
- Guest Column: Housing Authority CEO: Time to unify behind quality living
- Rockford police investigate 17th Street murder
- Clean water under attack in the U.S. Congress
- Man faces charges following attempted armed robbery
- Discovery Center experiences record public attendance
- Pet Talk: Probiotics for your pets
- Illinois home prices climb 3.7 percent in December
Swiss Movie Night March 22 at Turner Hall of Monroe, Wis.
Online Staff Report
MONROE, Wis. — The Swiss Heritage Series of the Turner Hall of Monroe, Wis., will present its annual Swiss Movie Night at 7 p.m., Friday, March 22, in the Grand Hall. This year’s film from Switzerland is a 2010 comedy titled Sonntagsvierer: die letzte Runde (Sunday Foursome: the Last Round).
Four former friends and golf buddies, all from different walks of life and very different in personality, decide to get together after many years for another round of golf for old times’ sake. Unresolved issues and arguments from the past surface, and one of the four reveals a secret that adds yet another twist to the reunion.
Filmed in the beautiful scenery of Switzerland, the 90-minute comedy is in Swiss-German, but has English subtitles that are very easy to read. This film is not rated, but would be comparable to a PG rating.
The public is invited to view the film. There is no admission charge, but a free-will donation will be accepted. Popcorn and beverages will also be available. More information is available at www.TurnerHallofMonroe.org/shs.html.
Posted March 20, 2013