- Three female fugitives wanted in New Jersey restaurant theft arrested in Illinois
- Man guilty in 2012 crash into home that injured 8-year-old
- McDonald’s: Federal complaint says company is joint employer
- T-Mobile settlement: $90M for cell phone bill cramming
- Shelter Care Ministries gets $30,000 grant
- Even more dead bees?
- Holiday travel: 98.6 million plan getaway, most on record
- Scam artists posing as utility reps, demanding payment
- Holiday mailing deadlines approach, Rockford Post Office warns
- Hispanics more than half of all renters, yet most are uninsured
Two-day oil and cold wax workshop at Freeport Art Museum March 23-24
Online Staff Report
FREEPORT, Ill. — Freeport Art Museum (FAM), 121 N. Harlem Ave., Freeport, Ill., will host a two-day oil and cold wax workshop with artist Dianne Martia Saturday and Sunday, March 23-24.
Fee is $225, although FAM members receive a discounted price of $210. Fee includes certain materials provided by the instructor. An additional supply list for workshop attendees will be provided upon registration.
The workshop will run 9:30 a.m.-4 p.m., both days. Register by calling or e-mailing Barry Treu at (815) 235-9755 or email@example.com.
This workshop will explore the technique of painting with oil and cold wax. Create layers and surface effects by combining paint sticks, pigments and other media.
Unlike encaustic, the wax is used at room temperature without heat. An array of non-traditional tools are used to apply the medium and create texture and depth, adding to the experimental nature of this workshop.
Martia took classes at The School of the Art Institute of Chicago and the American Academy of Art. She attended Columbia College and graduated cum laude with a bachelor’s degree in graphic/fine/craft arts. During that time, she studied under Ed Paschke, Phyllis Bramson, Fred Berger and Vera Burdich. She went on to earn an M.A.M.S. degree in biocommunication art from the University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign. Over the years, she has worked as a medical illustrator, graphic designer and computer graphics artist. Her work can be viewed at www.diannemartia.com.
The Illinois Regional Office of Education No. 8 is offering CPDUs for qualified public school teachers enrolled in this workshop.
Posted March 20, 2013