- US permits Arctic drilling, but questions about safety remain
- ISIS takeover of Ramadi means hard choices face the Iraqi and US governments
- State Roundup: Democrat sponsored prevailing wage amendment passes
- Facebook’s Instant Articles not a threat to media
- U of I expert: Rauner’s pension fix ‘unconstitutional’
- State Senate approves lesser penalties for marijuana possession
- State Roundup: Natural gas vehicle tax stalls in committee
- Raptors, Rangers FC announce June camp
- Student debt 101: dearth of data fuels common misperceptions
- ‘Millionaire tax’ clears House panel
Vote for Michael Kleen
April 9 is arriving soon. We cannot afford four more years like the last eight. Since Larry Morrissey has been mayor, he has let our streets fall into disrepair. And removed the street lights.
Morrissey’s answer to our problems is to build a new sports center. Is that where Morrissey and his campaign contributors are going to play? Because no one will come. We have already lost the Waterfront festival because of declining attendance.
We can take our city back by voting for Michael Kleen for mayor. He is an honest person who will stir things up so that we, the people, can rise to the top. We need a leader who takes pride in caring for people like you and me. Change is urgent. Michael Kleen will put the street lights back on. And take care of the basics so that Rockford can get back on its feet.
From the March 20-26, 2013, issue