- Tech-Friendly: Get the LG G Flex 2 and other big smartphones at U.S. Cellular
- State Roundup: Unfunded pension liability greater impact than fluctuating revenue
- ‘Death tax’ rhetoric doesn’t address the facts
- ‘We’re back': second ‘Star Wars’ teaser drops
- Sunday Service: Legalizing competition in Illinois’ auto industry
- Cullerton: Don’t bet on right-to-work zones
- State Roundup: Rauner continues “Turnaround” pitch
- Open Government: Improved FOIA laws crucial
- Legislators ask Rauner to pony up pension details
- Rockford Art Deli providing homegrown artists a place to flourish
Vote for Michael Kleen
April 9 is arriving soon. We cannot afford four more years like the last eight. Since Larry Morrissey has been mayor, he has let our streets fall into disrepair. And removed the street lights.
Morrissey’s answer to our problems is to build a new sports center. Is that where Morrissey and his campaign contributors are going to play? Because no one will come. We have already lost the Waterfront festival because of declining attendance.
We can take our city back by voting for Michael Kleen for mayor. He is an honest person who will stir things up so that we, the people, can rise to the top. We need a leader who takes pride in caring for people like you and me. Change is urgent. Michael Kleen will put the street lights back on. And take care of the basics so that Rockford can get back on its feet.
From the March 20-26, 2013, issue