- Three female fugitives wanted in New Jersey restaurant theft arrested in Illinois
- Man guilty in 2012 crash into home that injured 8-year-old
- McDonald’s: Federal complaint says company is joint employer
- T-Mobile settlement: $90M for cell phone bill cramming
- Shelter Care Ministries gets $30,000 grant
- Even more dead bees?
- Holiday travel: 98.6 million plan getaway, most on record
- Scam artists posing as utility reps, demanding payment
- Holiday mailing deadlines approach, Rockford Post Office warns
- Hispanics more than half of all renters, yet most are uninsured
Vote for Michael Kleen
April 9 is arriving soon. We cannot afford four more years like the last eight. Since Larry Morrissey has been mayor, he has let our streets fall into disrepair. And removed the street lights.
Morrissey’s answer to our problems is to build a new sports center. Is that where Morrissey and his campaign contributors are going to play? Because no one will come. We have already lost the Waterfront festival because of declining attendance.
We can take our city back by voting for Michael Kleen for mayor. He is an honest person who will stir things up so that we, the people, can rise to the top. We need a leader who takes pride in caring for people like you and me. Change is urgent. Michael Kleen will put the street lights back on. And take care of the basics so that Rockford can get back on its feet.
From the March 20-26, 2013, issue