- Water advocates, Illinois businesses applaud release of EPA’s Clean Water Rule
- Renewable energy gains market share
- 13 arrested in FIFA probe
- Rockford Rocked Interview with Paul Bronson
- State Roundup: House passes youth concussion legislation
- Moving out
- Illinois’ guaranteed-tuition law making college less affordable
- ‘Ex Machina’ a pick for awards season
- FIFA officials arrested, extradition to US on the cards
- TRRT Online Edition | May 27-June 2
Boy Scout First Aid Meet at Memorial Hall March 30
Boy Scout Troop 23 will hold its 19th Annual First Aid Meet Saturday, March 30, at Veterans Memorial Hall, 211 N. Main St., Rockford. Registration is at noon with competition at 12:30 p.m.
The First Aid Meet challenges Boy Scouts from area troops to solve first aid problems in 5 minutes. Fifteen scenarios will be read. Patrols will administer first aid to a victim (Webelo Scout). Judges will score the responses. Points will be totaled and trophies awarded to the top three patrols. All attendees receive a patch.
All area scout troops are invited as well as Webelo Scouts. Webelos attending can earn their Readyman patch. Troops attending should bring blanket, splints, walking sticks, scout neckerchief or bandanna, and Boy Scout handbook.
For more information, contact Brian Berridge at (815) 289-2528 or Chuck Jansen at (815) 742-9714. Troop 23 is sponsored by Third Presbyterian Church, Rockford.
From the March 27-April 2, 2013, issue