- Meet John Doe: Businesses, politicians and gov’t should follow junk email laws
- Entertainment abound for this week’s First Friday
- State Roundup: Special election dates set
- Test drive: the 2015 Ford F-150
- Fracking never on a path to sustainability
- Indiana boxes itself into legal corner
- TRRT April 1-7 | Online Edition
- Guest Commentary: the Rockford Apartment Association
- State Roundup: NIU employee improperly reimbursed $30K
- State Roundup: Governor signs budget fix bills
Children have lost a champion
Children and their working families lost an incredible champion with the sudden and unexpected death of Diane Stout on this past Monday.
Diane — in addition to being a loving daughter, wife, mother and grandmother — worked tirelessly on behalf of so many others. In her role at Circles of Learning, she took great pride in how well every child did and how well every family did. Making sure that each day was a great one for all the children at Circles of Learning was always her first priority.
Diane also played a tremendous role in advancing a broader agenda to ensure that all children in Rockford and in Illinois Action for Children for almost 40 years and was always willing to do whatever it took to ensure that children mattered most!
Both Diane’s family and the city of Rockford have lost so much. Our deepest sympathy is with you all.
President, Illinois Action for Children
From the March 27-April 2, 2013, issue