- Former county officials charged with theft
- New Zion Baptist participates in National Back to Church Sunday Sept. 21
- Donors celebrate new school health center
- Debris cleanup underway near Fordham Dam
- Some good, some bad in Obama executive order on protecting antibiotics
- Two arrested on cannabis charges after search of detached garage on North Henrietta
- Man guilty of drug charges faces 60 years in prison
- Rockford BBB aware of ‘Microsoft’ phone scam
- Judge: Chad Grimm will remain on Illinois governor ballot
- Forest-preserve sex sting nets 10
Children have lost a champion
Children and their working families lost an incredible champion with the sudden and unexpected death of Diane Stout on this past Monday.
Diane — in addition to being a loving daughter, wife, mother and grandmother — worked tirelessly on behalf of so many others. In her role at Circles of Learning, she took great pride in how well every child did and how well every family did. Making sure that each day was a great one for all the children at Circles of Learning was always her first priority.
Diane also played a tremendous role in advancing a broader agenda to ensure that all children in Rockford and in Illinois Action for Children for almost 40 years and was always willing to do whatever it took to ensure that children mattered most!
Both Diane’s family and the city of Rockford have lost so much. Our deepest sympathy is with you all.
President, Illinois Action for Children
From the March 27-April 2, 2013, issue