- Omnibus police reform bill passes House
- Senate refuses Rauner on lawsuits, property taxes
- Hastert indicted on federal charges
- State Roundup: Worker’s Comp proposal fails to make it out of committee
- Water advocates, Illinois businesses applaud release of EPA’s Clean Water Rule
- Renewable energy gains market share
- 13 arrested in FIFA probe
- Rockford Rocked Interview with Paul Bronson
- State Roundup: House passes youth concussion legislation
- Moving out
Children have lost a champion
Children and their working families lost an incredible champion with the sudden and unexpected death of Diane Stout on this past Monday.
Diane — in addition to being a loving daughter, wife, mother and grandmother — worked tirelessly on behalf of so many others. In her role at Circles of Learning, she took great pride in how well every child did and how well every family did. Making sure that each day was a great one for all the children at Circles of Learning was always her first priority.
Diane also played a tremendous role in advancing a broader agenda to ensure that all children in Rockford and in Illinois Action for Children for almost 40 years and was always willing to do whatever it took to ensure that children mattered most!
Both Diane’s family and the city of Rockford have lost so much. Our deepest sympathy is with you all.
President, Illinois Action for Children
From the March 27-April 2, 2013, issue