- Freeport murder suspect Damon Dixson taken into custody in Rockford
- Local gas station employee arrested for selling liquor to minor
- Renewable Fuel Standard delay ‘a mixed blessing,’ Bustos says
- Rockford delegation presents inaugural ‘Rockford Award’ to Norwegian Air
- Education in Illinois making slow progress, according to report
- Illinois GOP Congressional delegation: Obama’s immigration plan undermines rule of law
- Suspect, 17, charged in Halloween hit-and-run in Roscoe
- Saint Anthony College of Nursing president to retire
- Man found guilty in deadly August 2013 crash at Mulford and Garrett Lane
- ‘The Price is Right Live!’ at Coronado March 1; tickets on sale Nov. 21
Drop-in softball for ages 50 and older offered at Dahlquist Park
Online Staff Report
The Rockford Park District invites men and women ages 50 and older to play co-rec softball this season.
Games in this drop-in program series will be played every Tuesday, April 2-Sept. 24, 9:30-11:30 a.m., at Dahlquist Park, 29th St. and Oak Grove Ave., Rockford.
Players should bring their own glove and bat, and register on site at the park.
Age is as of Dec. 31, 2013. Spectators are welcome, and should bring their own lawn chairs or blankets. No pre-registration is needed for this free program — just come out to have fun.
For more information, call (815) 987-1603.
Posted March 27, 2013