- Man arrested after ax incident
- The Odds Man: Chicago, Detroit, San Diego good bets in Week 4
- Updated: Roosevelt High School evacuated after bomb threat
- Grand jury: No charges against Tony Stewart
- Laurent House to remain open for tours throughout the year
- Dynamic father-son piano duo at Mendelssohn Sept. 26
- Award-winning author Dr. Amina Gautier at Rock Valley Sept. 25
- City to remove traffic lights
- Apple orchards still hurting from last winter’s cold
- Photos: North America’s largest World War II-era re-enactment at Rockford’s Midway Village
Drop-in softball for ages 50 and older offered at Dahlquist Park
Online Staff Report
The Rockford Park District invites men and women ages 50 and older to play co-rec softball this season.
Games in this drop-in program series will be played every Tuesday, April 2-Sept. 24, 9:30-11:30 a.m., at Dahlquist Park, 29th St. and Oak Grove Ave., Rockford.
Players should bring their own glove and bat, and register on site at the park.
Age is as of Dec. 31, 2013. Spectators are welcome, and should bring their own lawn chairs or blankets. No pre-registration is needed for this free program — just come out to have fun.
For more information, call (815) 987-1603.
Posted March 27, 2013