- A closer look at fracking for natural gas
- Susan Johnson, copy editor, moves on after 21 years
- Guest Column: Clean Water Act: Supporters of clean water must make their voices heard
- Susan Johnson: Saying goodbye to a career
- Super Bowl XLIX prediction: Seahawks will top Patriots
- Sinnissippi Park improvements announced
- Rockford Park District recognized at Illinois Park and Recreation Association Conference
- Man gets natural life in prison for September 2011 murder
- Meet John Doe: Remember the crew of the space shuttle ‘Challenger’
- Tech-Friendly: Update your Adobe Flash Player today
Drop-in softball for ages 50 and older offered at Dahlquist Park
Online Staff Report
The Rockford Park District invites men and women ages 50 and older to play co-rec softball this season.
Games in this drop-in program series will be played every Tuesday, April 2-Sept. 24, 9:30-11:30 a.m., at Dahlquist Park, 29th St. and Oak Grove Ave., Rockford.
Players should bring their own glove and bat, and register on site at the park.
Age is as of Dec. 31, 2013. Spectators are welcome, and should bring their own lawn chairs or blankets. No pre-registration is needed for this free program — just come out to have fun.
For more information, call (815) 987-1603.
Posted March 27, 2013