- Nov. 4 General Election endorsements: Retain County Clerk Margie Mullins
- Nov. 4 General Election endorsements: Re-elect Jesse White
- Nov. 4 General Election endorsements: Elect Sheila Simon as state comptroller
- Brad Roos to step down as Zion Development executive director
- Smash your pumpkin at Rockford’s Discovery Center Nov. 2
- Control the candy without limiting the Halloween fun
- RHS Ambassadors host Halloween party for hospitalized children
- Beware of the energy-sucking vampires in your home, ComEd warns
- Rockford Park District golf season begins to wrap up
- Two locals to be honored among state’s top college students
Literary Hook: Poetry reading, workshop and new book debut April 13
By Christine Swanberg
Author and Poet
In Print holds monthly meetings and workshops for writers at the Cherry Valley Library on the second Saturday of each month. Located at 755 E. State St., Cherry Valley, the meetings and workshop are from 1 to 4 p.m., and are free and open to the public. This organization promotes and supports writers in every genre.
I would like to invite you to the April 13 workshop. Immediately after the business meeting, the winners of the In Print Poetry Contest will read their works, followed by my own reading. Then, I will also give a workshop titled “The Shape a Poem Makes.” After the writing workshop, there will be a question-and-answer period that will include “Dancing with the Editors” and other issues of interest to poets.
Copies of my books, The Alleluia Tree (Puddin’head Press) and Who Walks Among the Trees with Charity (Wind Publications), will be available. A new anthology, Prayers, Poems are Prose (a June Cotner book), will also debut.
All you need to do is show up. If you want more about In Print, visit inprintwriters.com.
From the March 27-April 2, 2013, issue