- Keeping up with Aida: A western adventure, part three
- State prepares for thousands of medical marijuana applications
- Rockford’s Choices Natural Market celebrates Non-GMO Month
- Week 5 NFL picks: Lions to improve to 4-1, Packers and Bears will keep pace at 3-2
- Craft Beer Scene Around Rockford: Revolution Brewing’s Oktoberfest offers good all-around balance
- Rockford’s Fall ArtScene at 37 locations Oct. 3-4
- Tales from the Trough: Preseason interview with ‘The Voice of the IceHogs,’ Mike Peck
- Mr. Green Car: Saltwater-powered car: the Quant e-Sportlimousine
- Charges re-filed against seven Hells Angels
- Tube Talk: Addicted to ‘Rehab Addict’
Literary Hook: Poetry reading, workshop and new book debut April 13
By Christine Swanberg
Author and Poet
In Print holds monthly meetings and workshops for writers at the Cherry Valley Library on the second Saturday of each month. Located at 755 E. State St., Cherry Valley, the meetings and workshop are from 1 to 4 p.m., and are free and open to the public. This organization promotes and supports writers in every genre.
I would like to invite you to the April 13 workshop. Immediately after the business meeting, the winners of the In Print Poetry Contest will read their works, followed by my own reading. Then, I will also give a workshop titled “The Shape a Poem Makes.” After the writing workshop, there will be a question-and-answer period that will include “Dancing with the Editors” and other issues of interest to poets.
Copies of my books, The Alleluia Tree (Puddin’head Press) and Who Walks Among the Trees with Charity (Wind Publications), will be available. A new anthology, Prayers, Poems are Prose (a June Cotner book), will also debut.
All you need to do is show up. If you want more about In Print, visit inprintwriters.com.
From the March 27-April 2, 2013, issue