- Mitt Romney won’t run in 2016
- Man shot three times near Oakley Avenue, West Jefferson Street
- Goodwill’s free income tax sites open Jan. 30
- Rock Valley College hosts FAFSA Completion Night Feb. 4
- Stateline Fruit and Vegetable Growers Conference Feb. 5
- Cardiology Millennium Conference Feb. 2
- Scammers lurking to trap last-minute Super Bowl ticket buyers
- Sharing memories of Ernie Banks
- EarthTalk: What fish can we eat?
- Rock Valley College hosts entrepreneurship event Jan. 30
Literary Hook: Poetry reading, workshop and new book debut April 13
By Christine Swanberg
Author and Poet
In Print holds monthly meetings and workshops for writers at the Cherry Valley Library on the second Saturday of each month. Located at 755 E. State St., Cherry Valley, the meetings and workshop are from 1 to 4 p.m., and are free and open to the public. This organization promotes and supports writers in every genre.
I would like to invite you to the April 13 workshop. Immediately after the business meeting, the winners of the In Print Poetry Contest will read their works, followed by my own reading. Then, I will also give a workshop titled “The Shape a Poem Makes.” After the writing workshop, there will be a question-and-answer period that will include “Dancing with the Editors” and other issues of interest to poets.
Copies of my books, The Alleluia Tree (Puddin’head Press) and Who Walks Among the Trees with Charity (Wind Publications), will be available. A new anthology, Prayers, Poems are Prose (a June Cotner book), will also debut.
All you need to do is show up. If you want more about In Print, visit inprintwriters.com.
From the March 27-April 2, 2013, issue