- Man sentenced to 12 years in fatal hit-and-run
- White House fence jumper charged with kicking Secret Service dogs
- Man arrested on child pornography charges
- Woman hit with liquor bottle during home invasion
- Police arrest robbery suspect
- Rockford area trick-or-treat times
- The Odds Man: Three road dogs good bets in NFL Week 8
- IceHogs nipped in third period, return home Saturday
- BGA sues Chicago Police Department over transparency
- Clean water groups highlight progress for Apple River, call for more success stories
Music Academy adds faculty member
Elizabeth Hale was named an artist faculty member of The Music Academy in Rockford, teaching violin. She holds a master’s degree from the University of Cincinnati College-Conservatory of Music and is a graduate of Lee University with degrees in music performance and music education. Hale also holds Suzuki certification from the Suzuki Association of the Americas. She is accepting new students.
Hale has performed with the Symphony Orchestra of Augusta, Ga., the Chattanooga Symphony Orchestra and the Richmond, Ind., Symphony. She has been concert master of several orchestras and ensembles, including Advent Now, a group that recently completed a 23-concert tour of Japan
The Music Academy (TMA) is a not-for-profit community school of music dedicated to providing high-quality, affordable instruction and performing opportunities to students regardless of age and ability. The academy’s mission is to inspire in students a lifelong love of music and the arts. TMA is in Loreen Hall, 226 S. Second St., next to First Lutheran Church in Rockford. For more information, call (815) 986-0037 or go to www.MusicAcademyInRockford.com or on Facebook at www.facebook.com/TheMusicAcademyInRockford.
From the March 27-April 2, 2013, issue