- Dog and cat adoption event at Children’s Home + Aid Oct. 20
- Arrest warrant issued in string of burglaries
- The Odds Man: Bills, Seahawks good bets in NFL Week 7
- SwedishAmerican to build new clinic in Byron
- Chrysler recall affects 907k vehicles
- 7-year-old struck by car near Walker School
- Final City Market of the season Friday, Oct. 17
- Lee Hamilton: Viewing political corruption more broadly
- Rehearsals begin Oct. 19 for 69th presentation of Handel’s ‘Messiah’
- Amenti Haunted House opens Oct. 17 at DeKalb’s Egyptian Theatre
Music Academy adds faculty member
Elizabeth Hale was named an artist faculty member of The Music Academy in Rockford, teaching violin. She holds a master’s degree from the University of Cincinnati College-Conservatory of Music and is a graduate of Lee University with degrees in music performance and music education. Hale also holds Suzuki certification from the Suzuki Association of the Americas. She is accepting new students.
Hale has performed with the Symphony Orchestra of Augusta, Ga., the Chattanooga Symphony Orchestra and the Richmond, Ind., Symphony. She has been concert master of several orchestras and ensembles, including Advent Now, a group that recently completed a 23-concert tour of Japan
The Music Academy (TMA) is a not-for-profit community school of music dedicated to providing high-quality, affordable instruction and performing opportunities to students regardless of age and ability. The academy’s mission is to inspire in students a lifelong love of music and the arts. TMA is in Loreen Hall, 226 S. Second St., next to First Lutheran Church in Rockford. For more information, call (815) 986-0037 or go to www.MusicAcademyInRockford.com or on Facebook at www.facebook.com/TheMusicAcademyInRockford.
From the March 27-April 2, 2013, issue