- Northern Illinois to get $8.3 million for state construction projects
- Tree-lighting festival kicks off holiday season in Machesney Park
- Roscoe Boy Scout Troop’s tree stand at new location
- Tips for selecting safe toys for kids this holiday season
- Prayer service for World AIDS Day Nov. 30
- Food Bank joins national #GivingTuesday movement
- Lee Hamilton: What lies ahead for Congress
- Rockford Public Schools faces $8.8 deficit, board OKs flat tax, HR chief
- Literary Hook: A holiday tradition: ‘This Thanksgiving, Remember’
- Cold snap does not negate global warming
Music Academy adds faculty member
Elizabeth Hale was named an artist faculty member of The Music Academy in Rockford, teaching violin. She holds a master’s degree from the University of Cincinnati College-Conservatory of Music and is a graduate of Lee University with degrees in music performance and music education. Hale also holds Suzuki certification from the Suzuki Association of the Americas. She is accepting new students.
Hale has performed with the Symphony Orchestra of Augusta, Ga., the Chattanooga Symphony Orchestra and the Richmond, Ind., Symphony. She has been concert master of several orchestras and ensembles, including Advent Now, a group that recently completed a 23-concert tour of Japan
The Music Academy (TMA) is a not-for-profit community school of music dedicated to providing high-quality, affordable instruction and performing opportunities to students regardless of age and ability. The academy’s mission is to inspire in students a lifelong love of music and the arts. TMA is in Loreen Hall, 226 S. Second St., next to First Lutheran Church in Rockford. For more information, call (815) 986-0037 or go to www.MusicAcademyInRockford.com or on Facebook at www.facebook.com/TheMusicAcademyInRockford.
From the March 27-April 2, 2013, issue