- Clean water under attack in the U.S. Congress
- Man faces charges following attempted armed robbery
- Discovery Center experiences record public attendance
- Pet Talk: Probiotics for your pets
- Illinois home prices climb 3.7 percent in December
- Supreme Court and gay marriage — U of I expert weighs in
- More than 6,100 residents of Winnebago County enrolled in Marketplace
- First large U.S. delegation to visit Cuba since opening of relations
- Merger complete for Illinois Bank & Trust, Galena State Bank
- Crusader welcomes Dr. Maria Lozano Vazquez
Music Academy adds faculty member
Elizabeth Hale was named an artist faculty member of The Music Academy in Rockford, teaching violin. She holds a master’s degree from the University of Cincinnati College-Conservatory of Music and is a graduate of Lee University with degrees in music performance and music education. Hale also holds Suzuki certification from the Suzuki Association of the Americas. She is accepting new students.
Hale has performed with the Symphony Orchestra of Augusta, Ga., the Chattanooga Symphony Orchestra and the Richmond, Ind., Symphony. She has been concert master of several orchestras and ensembles, including Advent Now, a group that recently completed a 23-concert tour of Japan
The Music Academy (TMA) is a not-for-profit community school of music dedicated to providing high-quality, affordable instruction and performing opportunities to students regardless of age and ability. The academy’s mission is to inspire in students a lifelong love of music and the arts. TMA is in Loreen Hall, 226 S. Second St., next to First Lutheran Church in Rockford. For more information, call (815) 986-0037 or go to www.MusicAcademyInRockford.com or on Facebook at www.facebook.com/TheMusicAcademyInRockford.
From the March 27-April 2, 2013, issue