- Freeport murder suspect Damon Dixson taken into custody in Rockford
- Local gas station employee arrested for selling liquor to minor
- Renewable Fuel Standard delay ‘a mixed blessing,’ Bustos says
- Rockford delegation presents inaugural ‘Rockford Award’ to Norwegian Air
- Education in Illinois making slow progress, according to report
- Illinois GOP Congressional delegation: Obama’s immigration plan undermines rule of law
- Suspect, 17, charged in Halloween hit-and-run in Roscoe
- Saint Anthony College of Nursing president to retire
- Man found guilty in deadly August 2013 crash at Mulford and Garrett Lane
- ‘The Price is Right Live!’ at Coronado March 1; tickets on sale Nov. 21
NPR’s ‘Wait Wait … Don’t Tell Me!’ at Coronado April 4
Online Staff Report
Wait Wait … Don’t Tell Me!, NPR’s weekly hour-long quiz program, is coming to the Coronado Performing Arts Center at 7:30 p.m., Thursday, April 4. Tickets go on sale at 10 a.m., Friday, Feb. 22, and are available through the Coronado PAC Box Office, Ticketmaster.com, all Ticketmaster outlets, or by calling (815) 968-0595. Tickets are $25 and $60.
During the show, attendees can test their knowledge against some of the best and brightest in the news and entertainment world while figuring out what’s real news and what’s made up.
The show is hosted by Peter Sagal. Prior to becoming host of Wait Wait in 1998, Sagal had a varied career including stints as a playwright, screenwriter, stage director, actor, extra in a Michael Jackson video, travel writer, essayist, ghostwriter and staff writer for a motorcycle magazine. In October 2007, Harper Collins published Sagal’s first book, The Book of Vice: Naughty Things and How to Do Them, a series of essays about bad behavior, which was released in paperback in 2008.
Carl Kasell is the official judge and scorekeeper for Wait Wait. A veteran broadcaster, Kasell launched his radio career more than 50 years ago. He was a newscaster for NPR’s daily newsmagazine Morning Edition from the show’s beginning in 1979 until December 2009.
Posted March 27, 2013