- Man sentenced to 12 years in fatal hit-and-run
- White House fence jumper charged with kicking Secret Service dogs
- Man arrested on child pornography charges
- Woman hit with liquor bottle during home invasion
- Police arrest robbery suspect
- Rockford area trick-or-treat times
- The Odds Man: Three road dogs good bets in NFL Week 8
- IceHogs nipped in third period, return home Saturday
- BGA sues Chicago Police Department over transparency
- Clean water groups highlight progress for Apple River, call for more success stories
Reservations for Klehm’s Botanica Luncheon due April 8
• April 17 event at Giovanni’s features Chicago landscape architect Terry Guen
Rockford’s Klehm Arboretum will host its Botanica Luncheon, “Gardening Large: a City, a Park, a Garden,” Wednesday, April 17, at Giovanni’s Restaurant, 610 N. Bell School Road, Rockford.
Reservations are due by April 8. Cost is $25 for an accompanying workshop or $45 for the luncheon.
Speaker at the luncheon is Terry Guen, founder of the award-winning, Chicago-based Terry Guen Design Associates, Inc. She has focused her 25-year career as a landscape architect and urban designer on creating spaces for public benefit and enhancing the quality of the urban outdoor environment.
As Master Landscape Architect for Chicago’s Lakefront Millennium Park, Guen was responsible for the design and implementation of the entire 25-acre landscape. In her presentation, “Gardening Large: a City, a Park, a Garden,” Guen will discuss the need to develop a passion for nurturing the earth, through planning, design and gardening. Giving examples from her own garden projects, she will talk about understanding the local ecology and creating great gardens, both for ourselves and for future generations.
Prior to the featured presentation, at 10 a.m., Jim Wojtowicz, Klehm’s new landscape architectural consultant, will demonstrate how to design seasonal containers that will add the “Wow Factor” to your garden, patio or front porch in “Design Workshop: Pots, Planters, Urns and Troughs.”
Reservations can be made online at klehm.org. Klehm, 2715 S. Main St., Rockford, can be reached at (815) 965-8146.
From the March 27-April 2, 2013, issue