- Mr. Green Car: A car from your printer
- Candle Crest owners to open their first store and manufacturing operation in Rockford
- DuPont ordered to pay $1.85M for killing trees
- Rockford hosts America’s largest World War II-era re-enactment Sept. 20-21
- Guest Column: Former alderman: Rail station should be on Cedar Street
- A visit to The Wall That Heals
- The Odds Man: ‘D’ is key in Week 3
- Craft Beer Scene Around Rockford: Capital Brewery’s Oktoberfest a delicious, malty lager
- Week 3 NFL picks: Wins for Bears and Packers, losses for Lions and Vikings
- Rockford Rocked Interviews: Catching up with John ‘Brizz’ Brizzolara of 96.7 The Eagle
Court Street UMC offers family-friendly Easter weekend festivities
Online Staff Report
Rockford’s Court Street United Methodist Church announces its schedule of activities for Holy Week and Easter Sunday.
From a neighborhood egg hunt to a Resurrection Celebration on Easter Sunday, all are welcome to join in the family-friendly festivities for Holy Week.
Good Friday Services will be held at Court Street United Methodist Church Friday, March 29, at noon in the church chapel. Hymns and music will complement dramatic readings of the gospel that tell the story of Jesus’ betrayal, trial and crucifixion.
From 1 to 3 p.m., Saturday, March 30, a neighborhood Easter Egg Hunt will take place in the city parking lot across the street from Court Street United Methodist Church, weather-permitting (alternate location: youth center, lower level of church). Parents are asked to stay with their children during the egg hunt and game time.
Easter Sunday, a 6 a.m. Sunrise Service be held in the church chapel. The First Service of Resurrection Sunday begins outdoors, around a pot of fire, where individual candles will be lit and those attending will proceed into the chapel. Songs, scripture and communion are open to all.
The Resurrection Celebration will take place on Easter Sunday at 9:45 a.m in the church sanctuary. The service begins with music from the adult choir, handbell choir, string quartet and brass quartet. The 10 a.m. processional brings singing, scripture and a sermon. All are welcome to attend.
Court Street United Methodist Church is in downtown Rockford at 215 N. Court St. Visit www.courtstreetumc.org for more info.
Posted March 29, 2013