- Willow Creek left in the dust by development
- CUB helps residents find best deal
- What the Scott Walker fundraising controversy means for 2016
- Corn prices fade as supplies stay in surplus
- Cubs make history in an unfortunate way
- Pension battle headed for SCOTUS?
- Closed for Progress: downtown’s steady revival
- TRRT Online Edition | July 29-August 4
- State employees get another win in pay dispute
- Judge tosses Chicago pension deal
Court Street UMC offers family-friendly Easter weekend festivities
Online Staff Report
Rockford’s Court Street United Methodist Church announces its schedule of activities for Holy Week and Easter Sunday.
From a neighborhood egg hunt to a Resurrection Celebration on Easter Sunday, all are welcome to join in the family-friendly festivities for Holy Week.
Good Friday Services will be held at Court Street United Methodist Church Friday, March 29, at noon in the church chapel. Hymns and music will complement dramatic readings of the gospel that tell the story of Jesus’ betrayal, trial and crucifixion.
From 1 to 3 p.m., Saturday, March 30, a neighborhood Easter Egg Hunt will take place in the city parking lot across the street from Court Street United Methodist Church, weather-permitting (alternate location: youth center, lower level of church). Parents are asked to stay with their children during the egg hunt and game time.
Easter Sunday, a 6 a.m. Sunrise Service be held in the church chapel. The First Service of Resurrection Sunday begins outdoors, around a pot of fire, where individual candles will be lit and those attending will proceed into the chapel. Songs, scripture and communion are open to all.
The Resurrection Celebration will take place on Easter Sunday at 9:45 a.m in the church sanctuary. The service begins with music from the adult choir, handbell choir, string quartet and brass quartet. The 10 a.m. processional brings singing, scripture and a sermon. All are welcome to attend.
Court Street United Methodist Church is in downtown Rockford at 215 N. Court St. Visit www.courtstreetumc.org for more info.
Posted March 29, 2013