- Former Belvidere North teacher pleads guilty to sex charge
- Police ask for help in weekend armed robbery
- Belvidere football coach returns to sidelines after hazing probe
- IceHogs split weekend on the road
- Dog and cat adoption event at Children’s Home + Aid Oct. 20
- Arrest warrant issued in string of burglaries
- The Odds Man: Bills, Seahawks good bets in NFL Week 7
- SwedishAmerican to build new clinic in Byron
- Chrysler recall affects 907k vehicles
- 7-year-old struck by car near Walker School
State trooper dies after squad car struck by semi on I-294
Online Staff Report
DOWNERS GROVE, Ill. — Illinois State Police Director Hiram Grau released the following statement regarding the fatal crash that claimed the life of a District 15 State Trooper Thursday, March 28: “It is with deep sadness that I announce the tragic death of Trooper James Sauter, and on behalf of the men and women of the Illinois State Police, I offer sincere condolences to Trooper Sauter’s family. Trooper Sauter left a legacy of courage, honor and duty, and we will never forget Star No. 6095. Our hearts are heavy with grief, but they are also strengthened by Trooper Sauter’s brave calling and dedicated service to ISP.”
Trooper Sauter was on duty in his ISP squad car when his vehicle was struck by a truck tractor semi-trailer at I-294 southbound at Willow Road. He was pronounced dead at the scene early Friday morning and had been a member of the Illinois State Police since June 29, 2008. Trooper Sauter had just completed a temporary assignment in Air Operations and was recently reassigned to District 15 as a patrolman.
Trooper Sauter was 28 years old and is survived by his wife, Elizabeth, and family.
Posted March 29, 2013