- Commentary: Walker’s budget calls for schools to stop reporting sexual assaults
- Wallace hopes for redevelopment expansion
- Teravainen makes instant impact on return to ‘Hawks
- Oregon mayor reacts to Exelon talk of closing nuclear plant
- GiGi’s benefit for Down syndrome, March 21
- What’s the future hold for Rose?
- ‘Hogs keep pace in tight Midwest
- Qatar continues to confound
- Meet John Doe: Keep public notices in print
- Commentary: Rauner’s minimum wage plan just more of the same from GOP
Artists sought for April show with political theme
Online Staff Report
North Main Studios, 2500 N. Main St., Rockford, is making a call for artists for an April 26-27 show titled “Basta! Enough!”
Work will be accepted in all mediums dealing with political and social commentary on current local (Rockford and Winnebago County) and national issues, such as money out of politics, equal rights amendment, fracking, gun control, etc.
Artists interested in participating in the show should send two to three sample images (photo, jpg or CD) of their current work with contact info, bio and a short statement describing the scope of work for the show. Up to two or three finished pieces will be accepted per artist. Also, include SASE for return of materials and a post-dated check in the amount of $25 (as hanging fee to cover advertising and show costs) dated April 5, 2013.
Deadline for submission is April 10. Notification and checks will be cashed by April 15. Checks will be returned uncashed if not accepted into the show. No commission will be taken for the sales of artwork. Artists are responsible for hanging, labeling and take-down of their own work. This show will be open to the public — all ages.
Submissions may be sent by e-mail or by mail. Send checks (payable to John Lamar) and mailed submissions to Studio 451, c/o John Lamar, 2500 N. Main St., Rockford, IL 61103.
Show will run 5-10 p.m., Friday and Saturday, April 26-27, at North Main Studios, 2500 N. Main St., second floor, Rockford.
Contact John Lamar at (815) 519-1809 or firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions.
Posted April 3, 2013