- Obamacare: All eyes on high court
- Dems, Rauner spar over deficit solution; Senate Democrats poised to pass own version
- Minnie Minoso: Dead at 90, unbeaten
- Bring back legislative scholarships? Proposal faces serious questions from both sides
- First Friday opening for Olive Oil Experience
- RAM announce 74th Young Artist winners
- Texas Two-step: ‘Hogs sweep weekend, return home
- More highlights from the Chicago Auto Show
- Industry response to peak oil not enough long term
- TRRT March 4-10 | Online Edition
Artists sought for April show with political theme
Online Staff Report
North Main Studios, 2500 N. Main St., Rockford, is making a call for artists for an April 26-27 show titled “Basta! Enough!”
Work will be accepted in all mediums dealing with political and social commentary on current local (Rockford and Winnebago County) and national issues, such as money out of politics, equal rights amendment, fracking, gun control, etc.
Artists interested in participating in the show should send two to three sample images (photo, jpg or CD) of their current work with contact info, bio and a short statement describing the scope of work for the show. Up to two or three finished pieces will be accepted per artist. Also, include SASE for return of materials and a post-dated check in the amount of $25 (as hanging fee to cover advertising and show costs) dated April 5, 2013.
Deadline for submission is April 10. Notification and checks will be cashed by April 15. Checks will be returned uncashed if not accepted into the show. No commission will be taken for the sales of artwork. Artists are responsible for hanging, labeling and take-down of their own work. This show will be open to the public — all ages.
Submissions may be sent by e-mail or by mail. Send checks (payable to John Lamar) and mailed submissions to Studio 451, c/o John Lamar, 2500 N. Main St., Rockford, IL 61103.
Show will run 5-10 p.m., Friday and Saturday, April 26-27, at North Main Studios, 2500 N. Main St., second floor, Rockford.
Contact John Lamar at (815) 519-1809 or email@example.com with any questions.
Posted April 3, 2013