- Dog and cat adoption event at Children’s Home + Aid Oct. 20
- Arrest warrant issued in string of burglaries
- The Odds Man: Bills, Seahawks good bets in NFL Week 7
- SwedishAmerican to build new clinic in Byron
- Chrysler recall affects 907k vehicles
- 7-year-old struck by car near Walker School
- Final City Market of the season Friday, Oct. 17
- Lee Hamilton: Viewing political corruption more broadly
- Rehearsals begin Oct. 19 for 69th presentation of Handel’s ‘Messiah’
- Amenti Haunted House opens Oct. 17 at DeKalb’s Egyptian Theatre
Arts Council hosts April 6 Spring Cleaning Instrument Drive
Online Staff Report
Rockford Area Arts Council is collecting used musical instruments for the Rockford Public School District. The program will help keep music alive in the schools and communities by donating musical instruments to middle and high school students, giving them the many benefits of music education, helping them to be better students, and inspiring creativity and expression through playing music.
Donate brass, woodwinds and string instruments.
The Rockford Area Arts Council has made donating an instrument easy. Take an instrument to the Rockford Area Arts Council office, 713 E. State St., in Rockford from 10 a.m. to 1 p.m., Saturday, April 6.
The need has never been greater, and it’s never been easier to make a difference in the community.
For more information, contact the Rockford Area Arts Council at (815) 963-6765 or LuAnn Widergren at (815) 720-4856.
Posted April 3, 2013