- Clean water under attack in the U.S. Congress
- Man faces charges following attempted armed robbery
- Discovery Center experiences record public attendance
- Pet Talk: Probiotics for your pets
- Illinois home prices climb 3.7 percent in December
- Supreme Court and gay marriage — U of I expert weighs in
- More than 6,100 residents of Winnebago County enrolled in Marketplace
- First large U.S. delegation to visit Cuba since opening of relations
- Merger complete for Illinois Bank & Trust, Galena State Bank
- Crusader welcomes Dr. Maria Lozano Vazquez
Arts Council hosts April 6 Spring Cleaning Instrument Drive
Online Staff Report
Rockford Area Arts Council is collecting used musical instruments for the Rockford Public School District. The program will help keep music alive in the schools and communities by donating musical instruments to middle and high school students, giving them the many benefits of music education, helping them to be better students, and inspiring creativity and expression through playing music.
Donate brass, woodwinds and string instruments.
The Rockford Area Arts Council has made donating an instrument easy. Take an instrument to the Rockford Area Arts Council office, 713 E. State St., in Rockford from 10 a.m. to 1 p.m., Saturday, April 6.
The need has never been greater, and it’s never been easier to make a difference in the community.
For more information, contact the Rockford Area Arts Council at (815) 963-6765 or LuAnn Widergren at (815) 720-4856.
Posted April 3, 2013