- Meet John Doe: Businesses, politicians and gov’t should follow junk email laws
- Entertainment abound for this week’s First Friday
- State Roundup: Special election dates set
- Test drive: the 2015 Ford F-150
- Fracking never on a path to sustainability
- Indiana boxes itself into legal corner
- TRRT April 1-7 | Online Edition
- Guest Commentary: the Rockford Apartment Association
- State Roundup: NIU employee improperly reimbursed $30K
- State Roundup: Governor signs budget fix bills
Arts Council hosts April 6 Spring Cleaning Instrument Drive
Online Staff Report
Rockford Area Arts Council is collecting used musical instruments for the Rockford Public School District. The program will help keep music alive in the schools and communities by donating musical instruments to middle and high school students, giving them the many benefits of music education, helping them to be better students, and inspiring creativity and expression through playing music.
Donate brass, woodwinds and string instruments.
The Rockford Area Arts Council has made donating an instrument easy. Take an instrument to the Rockford Area Arts Council office, 713 E. State St., in Rockford from 10 a.m. to 1 p.m., Saturday, April 6.
The need has never been greater, and it’s never been easier to make a difference in the community.
For more information, contact the Rockford Area Arts Council at (815) 963-6765 or LuAnn Widergren at (815) 720-4856.
Posted April 3, 2013