- Woman, two teens arrested following narcotics investigation
- Former county officials charged with theft
- New Zion Baptist participates in National Back to Church Sunday Sept. 21
- Donors celebrate new school health center
- Debris cleanup underway near Fordham Dam
- Some good, some bad in Obama executive order on protecting antibiotics
- Two arrested on cannabis charges after search of detached garage on North Henrietta
- Man guilty of drug charges faces 60 years in prison
- Rockford BBB aware of ‘Microsoft’ phone scam
- Judge: Chad Grimm will remain on Illinois governor ballot
Arts Council hosts April 6 Spring Cleaning Instrument Drive
Online Staff Report
Rockford Area Arts Council is collecting used musical instruments for the Rockford Public School District. The program will help keep music alive in the schools and communities by donating musical instruments to middle and high school students, giving them the many benefits of music education, helping them to be better students, and inspiring creativity and expression through playing music.
Donate brass, woodwinds and string instruments.
The Rockford Area Arts Council has made donating an instrument easy. Take an instrument to the Rockford Area Arts Council office, 713 E. State St., in Rockford from 10 a.m. to 1 p.m., Saturday, April 6.
The need has never been greater, and it’s never been easier to make a difference in the community.
For more information, contact the Rockford Area Arts Council at (815) 963-6765 or LuAnn Widergren at (815) 720-4856.
Posted April 3, 2013