- BGA sues Chicago Police Department over transparency
- Clean water groups highlight progress for Apple River, call for more success stories
- Lincoln associates found in recently discovered 1840 Menard County census
- BIFF Year ’Round presents the documentary ‘Slingshot’ Oct. 29
- Rockford’s Discovery Center presents ‘Spooky Science’ Oct. 25
- Academic Dr. Duke Pesta speaks against Common Core, part 2
- Rockford Record Crawl 2014 celebrates music, indie retailers
- Early voting continues after ballot error corrected
- Caruana outpacing Springer in money race for sheriff
- Week 8 NFL picks: Lions, Packers will continue to share NFC North lead
Gail Beach not running for Rockton mayor
Village of Rockton residents will notice that there are three candidates for Mayor (Village President) on the ballot. Gail Beach appears, along with Joe Simpson, running in opposition to the incumbent, Dale Adams. After some consideration, Gail Beach has decided she will not run for mayor, due to the demands of her accounting business.
Unfortunately, ballots have been printed, and Gail Beach’s name still appears there. She has served well as Village Trustee in the past, and has good name recognition. People opposed to the re-election of Mayor Adams are concerned that votes will be split between Simpson and Beach, who remains on the ballot. If you are looking for a mayor who will have foremost in his mind the welfare of Rockton residents and businesses, consider giving your vote to Joe Simpson. If you like the current fiefdom, the incumbent mayor is your man.
From the April 3-9, 2013, issue