- Dimke: ‘I’m not going to retire’
- IMRF responds: Pay spiking against the rules
- Bill limits automated license plate readers
- Private uni’s subject to FOIA says House
- Guest Commentary: Earth Day or April Fools Day?
- State Roundup: Concerns raised about proposed change in DUI pot standard
- Bill would decrease pot penalties; small amounts would draw only ticket, fine
- Senate votes to restore human service cuts; bill moves to House for consideration
- Bill to restrict red light cameras passes House
- State Roundup: Budget fix in current FY not yet done
Gail Beach not running for Rockton mayor
Village of Rockton residents will notice that there are three candidates for Mayor (Village President) on the ballot. Gail Beach appears, along with Joe Simpson, running in opposition to the incumbent, Dale Adams. After some consideration, Gail Beach has decided she will not run for mayor, due to the demands of her accounting business.
Unfortunately, ballots have been printed, and Gail Beach’s name still appears there. She has served well as Village Trustee in the past, and has good name recognition. People opposed to the re-election of Mayor Adams are concerned that votes will be split between Simpson and Beach, who remains on the ballot. If you are looking for a mayor who will have foremost in his mind the welfare of Rockton residents and businesses, consider giving your vote to Joe Simpson. If you like the current fiefdom, the incumbent mayor is your man.
From the April 3-9, 2013, issue