- Moving out
- Illinois’ guaranteed-tuition law making college less affordable
- ‘Ex Machina’ a pick for awards season
- FIFA officials arrested, extradition to US on the cards
- TRRT Online Edition | May 27-June 2
- RAA says legal opinion validates ordinance concerns
- Perfect? Not quite, but Wagner’s latest is up to the task
- Democrats readying $36 billion budget
- FIFA adds prison labor to its arsenal
- Sitting on a scoop: the story behind the V-E headlines of May 1945
Gail Beach not running for Rockton mayor
Village of Rockton residents will notice that there are three candidates for Mayor (Village President) on the ballot. Gail Beach appears, along with Joe Simpson, running in opposition to the incumbent, Dale Adams. After some consideration, Gail Beach has decided she will not run for mayor, due to the demands of her accounting business.
Unfortunately, ballots have been printed, and Gail Beach’s name still appears there. She has served well as Village Trustee in the past, and has good name recognition. People opposed to the re-election of Mayor Adams are concerned that votes will be split between Simpson and Beach, who remains on the ballot. If you are looking for a mayor who will have foremost in his mind the welfare of Rockton residents and businesses, consider giving your vote to Joe Simpson. If you like the current fiefdom, the incumbent mayor is your man.
From the April 3-9, 2013, issue