- Literary Hook: A holiday tradition: ‘This Thanksgiving, Remember’
- Cold snap does not negate global warming
- Week 13 NFL picks: Bears will hand Lions another Turkey Day loss
- Rockford’s holiday tradition Stroll on State set for Saturday, Nov. 29
- Webb’s RVC Studio winter full of love stories
- Tube Talk: ‘American Masters: Bing Crosby Rediscovered’ to be featured on PBS
- Craft Beer Scene Around Rockford: A nice break-in beer for those who want to try bourbon barrel-aged beer
- Tales from the Trough: IceHogs rebound with four straight wins
- Clean water groups, small business owners, community leaders celebrate Clean Water Act
- Police investigate death of 71-year-old man who was struck in October while riding in his wheelchair
Golf lessons offered for ages 55 and older
Online Staff Report
Registration is under way for Rockford Park District’s group golf lessons for adults ages 55 and older.
The 45-minute sessions are at Aldeen Practice Centre, 1901 Reid Farm Road, Rockford. various weekdays and times in sessions beginning April 9, May 23, Aug. 7, and Aug. 28, and cover all areas of the game, including specialty shots. Equipment evaluations and recommendations are available upon request; instructed by PGA members and PGA apprentices.
The next two sessions are scheduled for April 9-23 (Tuesday/Thursday mornings), and May 23-June 20 (Thursday afternoons); the per-session fee is $60 ($70 non-resident).
Register at least one week before session start dates, either online at http://www.rockfordgolfs.com/lessons.html or by mail, fax (with credit card), or at Park District Customer locations (downtown Rockford or at Carlson Ice Arena in Loves Park); registration will end as classes reach capacity.
For a registration brochure with session descriptions, schedules and fees for Park District golf programs, visit www.rockfordgolfs.com or call (815) 987-8800. Information about support and adapted equipment for golfers with disabilities is also available by contacting Customer Service.
Posted April 3, 2013