- Freeport murder suspect Damon Dixson taken into custody in Rockford
- Local gas station employee arrested for selling liquor to minor
- Renewable Fuel Standard delay ‘a mixed blessing,’ Bustos says
- Rockford delegation presents inaugural ‘Rockford Award’ to Norwegian Air
- Education in Illinois making slow progress, according to report
- Illinois GOP Congressional delegation: Obama’s immigration plan undermines rule of law
- Suspect, 17, charged in Halloween hit-and-run in Roscoe
- Saint Anthony College of Nursing president to retire
- Man found guilty in deadly August 2013 crash at Mulford and Garrett Lane
- ‘The Price is Right Live!’ at Coronado March 1; tickets on sale Nov. 21
Golf lessons offered for ages 55 and older
Online Staff Report
Registration is under way for Rockford Park District’s group golf lessons for adults ages 55 and older.
The 45-minute sessions are at Aldeen Practice Centre, 1901 Reid Farm Road, Rockford. various weekdays and times in sessions beginning April 9, May 23, Aug. 7, and Aug. 28, and cover all areas of the game, including specialty shots. Equipment evaluations and recommendations are available upon request; instructed by PGA members and PGA apprentices.
The next two sessions are scheduled for April 9-23 (Tuesday/Thursday mornings), and May 23-June 20 (Thursday afternoons); the per-session fee is $60 ($70 non-resident).
Register at least one week before session start dates, either online at http://www.rockfordgolfs.com/lessons.html or by mail, fax (with credit card), or at Park District Customer locations (downtown Rockford or at Carlson Ice Arena in Loves Park); registration will end as classes reach capacity.
For a registration brochure with session descriptions, schedules and fees for Park District golf programs, visit www.rockfordgolfs.com or call (815) 987-8800. Information about support and adapted equipment for golfers with disabilities is also available by contacting Customer Service.
Posted April 3, 2013