- Telephone fraud on the rise, BBB reports
- Pet Talk: The seeing eye guide dog birthday
- State Police seize 155 pounds of cannabis during traffic stop
- Mitt Romney won’t run in 2016
- Man shot three times near Oakley Avenue, West Jefferson Street
- Goodwill’s free income tax sites open Jan. 30
- Rock Valley College hosts FAFSA Completion Night Feb. 4
- Stateline Fruit and Vegetable Growers Conference Feb. 5
- Cardiology Millennium Conference Feb. 2
- Scammers lurking to trap last-minute Super Bowl ticket buyers
Golf lessons offered for ages 55 and older
Online Staff Report
Registration is under way for Rockford Park District’s group golf lessons for adults ages 55 and older.
The 45-minute sessions are at Aldeen Practice Centre, 1901 Reid Farm Road, Rockford. various weekdays and times in sessions beginning April 9, May 23, Aug. 7, and Aug. 28, and cover all areas of the game, including specialty shots. Equipment evaluations and recommendations are available upon request; instructed by PGA members and PGA apprentices.
The next two sessions are scheduled for April 9-23 (Tuesday/Thursday mornings), and May 23-June 20 (Thursday afternoons); the per-session fee is $60 ($70 non-resident).
Register at least one week before session start dates, either online at http://www.rockfordgolfs.com/lessons.html or by mail, fax (with credit card), or at Park District Customer locations (downtown Rockford or at Carlson Ice Arena in Loves Park); registration will end as classes reach capacity.
For a registration brochure with session descriptions, schedules and fees for Park District golf programs, visit www.rockfordgolfs.com or call (815) 987-8800. Information about support and adapted equipment for golfers with disabilities is also available by contacting Customer Service.
Posted April 3, 2013