- McKellen’s Mr. Holmes a satisfactory conclusion
- Rockford visitor spending jumps
- The misguided Cecil the lion debate
- State, union extend contract again
- Willow Creek left in the dust by development
- CUB helps residents find best deal
- What the Scott Walker fundraising controversy means for 2016
- Corn prices fade as supplies stay in surplus
- Cubs make history in an unfortunate way
- Pension battle headed for SCOTUS?
Golf lessons offered for ages 55 and older
Online Staff Report
Registration is under way for Rockford Park District’s group golf lessons for adults ages 55 and older.
The 45-minute sessions are at Aldeen Practice Centre, 1901 Reid Farm Road, Rockford. various weekdays and times in sessions beginning April 9, May 23, Aug. 7, and Aug. 28, and cover all areas of the game, including specialty shots. Equipment evaluations and recommendations are available upon request; instructed by PGA members and PGA apprentices.
The next two sessions are scheduled for April 9-23 (Tuesday/Thursday mornings), and May 23-June 20 (Thursday afternoons); the per-session fee is $60 ($70 non-resident).
Register at least one week before session start dates, either online at http://www.rockfordgolfs.com/lessons.html or by mail, fax (with credit card), or at Park District Customer locations (downtown Rockford or at Carlson Ice Arena in Loves Park); registration will end as classes reach capacity.
For a registration brochure with session descriptions, schedules and fees for Park District golf programs, visit www.rockfordgolfs.com or call (815) 987-8800. Information about support and adapted equipment for golfers with disabilities is also available by contacting Customer Service.
Posted April 3, 2013