- Literary Hook: A holiday tradition: ‘This Thanksgiving, Remember’
- Cold snap does not negate global warming
- Week 13 NFL picks: Bears will hand Lions another Turkey Day loss
- Rockford’s holiday tradition Stroll on State set for Saturday, Nov. 29
- Webb’s RVC Studio winter full of love stories
- Tube Talk: ‘American Masters: Bing Crosby Rediscovered’ to be featured on PBS
- Craft Beer Scene Around Rockford: A nice break-in beer for those who want to try bourbon barrel-aged beer
- Tales from the Trough: IceHogs rebound with four straight wins
- Clean water groups, small business owners, community leaders celebrate Clean Water Act
- Police investigate death of 71-year-old man who was struck in October while riding in his wheelchair
International Food Fair April 6 at Rockford College
International students at Rockford College will prepare a variety of favorite native dishes for the college’s eighth annual International Food Fair from 6 to 8 p.m., Saturday, April 6, in Regents Hall, second floor, Burpee Center on the Rockford College campus, 5050 E. State St., Rockford.
The food fair will feature authentic recipes from several different countries such as Serbia, Kyrgyzstan, Africa, Japan, Puerto Rico, Egypt and Italy. This year’s event is planned by more than 30 members of the Multicultural Club. Entertainment featuring different cultures is also planned to go along with the all-you-can-eat buffet.
Tickets are $10 in advance, $12 at the door for adults. Children are $5 in advance, $7 at the door. Call (815) 394-5118 or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org for tickets and more info.
From the April 3-9, 2013, issue