- FIFA adds prison labor to its arsenal
- Sitting on a scoop: the story behind the V-E headlines of May 1945
- Bilderback repeats at Speedway
- US permits Arctic drilling, but questions about safety remain
- ISIS takeover of Ramadi means hard choices face the Iraqi and US governments
- State Roundup: Democrat sponsored prevailing wage amendment passes
- Facebook’s Instant Articles not a threat to media
- U of I expert: Rauner’s pension fix ‘unconstitutional’
- State Senate approves lesser penalties for marijuana possession
- State Roundup: Natural gas vehicle tax stalls in committee
International Food Fair April 6 at Rockford College
International students at Rockford College will prepare a variety of favorite native dishes for the college’s eighth annual International Food Fair from 6 to 8 p.m., Saturday, April 6, in Regents Hall, second floor, Burpee Center on the Rockford College campus, 5050 E. State St., Rockford.
The food fair will feature authentic recipes from several different countries such as Serbia, Kyrgyzstan, Africa, Japan, Puerto Rico, Egypt and Italy. This year’s event is planned by more than 30 members of the Multicultural Club. Entertainment featuring different cultures is also planned to go along with the all-you-can-eat buffet.
Tickets are $10 in advance, $12 at the door for adults. Children are $5 in advance, $7 at the door. Call (815) 394-5118 or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org for tickets and more info.
From the April 3-9, 2013, issue