- Freeport murder suspect Damon Dixson taken into custody in Rockford
- Local gas station employee arrested for selling liquor to minor
- Renewable Fuel Standard delay ‘a mixed blessing,’ Bustos says
- Rockford delegation presents inaugural ‘Rockford Award’ to Norwegian Air
- Education in Illinois making slow progress, according to report
- Illinois GOP Congressional delegation: Obama’s immigration plan undermines rule of law
- Suspect, 17, charged in Halloween hit-and-run in Roscoe
- Saint Anthony College of Nursing president to retire
- Man found guilty in deadly August 2013 crash at Mulford and Garrett Lane
- ‘The Price is Right Live!’ at Coronado March 1; tickets on sale Nov. 21
International Food Fair April 6 at Rockford College
International students at Rockford College will prepare a variety of favorite native dishes for the college’s eighth annual International Food Fair from 6 to 8 p.m., Saturday, April 6, in Regents Hall, second floor, Burpee Center on the Rockford College campus, 5050 E. State St., Rockford.
The food fair will feature authentic recipes from several different countries such as Serbia, Kyrgyzstan, Africa, Japan, Puerto Rico, Egypt and Italy. This year’s event is planned by more than 30 members of the Multicultural Club. Entertainment featuring different cultures is also planned to go along with the all-you-can-eat buffet.
Tickets are $10 in advance, $12 at the door for adults. Children are $5 in advance, $7 at the door. Call (815) 394-5118 or e-mail email@example.com for tickets and more info.
From the April 3-9, 2013, issue