- Commentary: Walker’s budget calls for schools to stop reporting sexual assaults
- Wallace hopes for redevelopment expansion
- Teravainen makes instant impact on return to ‘Hawks
- Oregon mayor reacts to Exelon talk of closing nuclear plant
- GiGi’s benefit for Down syndrome, March 21
- What’s the future hold for Rose?
- ‘Hogs keep pace in tight Midwest
- Qatar continues to confound
- Meet John Doe: Keep public notices in print
- Commentary: Rauner’s minimum wage plan just more of the same from GOP
International Food Fair April 6 at Rockford College
International students at Rockford College will prepare a variety of favorite native dishes for the college’s eighth annual International Food Fair from 6 to 8 p.m., Saturday, April 6, in Regents Hall, second floor, Burpee Center on the Rockford College campus, 5050 E. State St., Rockford.
The food fair will feature authentic recipes from several different countries such as Serbia, Kyrgyzstan, Africa, Japan, Puerto Rico, Egypt and Italy. This year’s event is planned by more than 30 members of the Multicultural Club. Entertainment featuring different cultures is also planned to go along with the all-you-can-eat buffet.
Tickets are $10 in advance, $12 at the door for adults. Children are $5 in advance, $7 at the door. Call (815) 394-5118 or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org for tickets and more info.
From the April 3-9, 2013, issue