- Local leaders warn of budget deadlock’s impact
- SHUTDOWN: Illinois preps for the worst
- TRRT Online Edition | July 1-7
- Governor, AG differ on legality of payroll without budget
- Regular RHA meeting a quiet affair
- Funnel clouds possible through evening
- Smoking bans a breath of fresh air to some, infuriating to others
- Experts break down the SCOTUS gay marriage ruling
- Senators offer insight into population loss
- SCOTUS ruling legalizes gay marriage
Macular Degeneration Expo April 15
The Center for Sight and Hearing, 8038 MacIntosh Lane, Rockford, will host Macular Degeneration Expo 2013, a hands-on educational day open to the public, from 9 a.m. to noon, Monday, April 15.
The event is sponsored by Genentech, the pharmaceutical company responsible for the two successful new drugs that are available for treatment of wet macular degeneration — Avastin and Lucentis.
Helpful individuals will be at the many booths relating to nutrition, transportation, home health care, rehabilitation services, magnifiers, CCTVs, Talking Books and more.
Dr. Jon Russell, the Center for Sight and Hearing’s low-vision optometrist, will be available to discuss new treatment options and devices. Center staff will be available to demonstrate the use of low-vision aids for enhancing kitchen tasks, computer skills, recreation and other activities of daily living. Free refreshments will be provided.
For more information, call the Center for Sight and Hearing at (815) 332-6800.
From the April 3-9, 2013, issue