- Lee Hamilton: November’s elections won’t resolve much of anything
- Pec Playhouse Theatre announces auditions for holiday production
- Keeping up with Aida: A western adventure, part three
- State prepares for thousands of medical marijuana applications
- Rockford’s Choices Natural Market celebrates Non-GMO Month
- Week 5 NFL picks: Lions to improve to 4-1, Packers and Bears will keep pace at 3-2
- Craft Beer Scene Around Rockford: Revolution Brewing’s Oktoberfest offers good all-around balance
- Rockford’s Fall ArtScene at 37 locations Oct. 3-4
- Tales from the Trough: Preseason interview with ‘The Voice of the IceHogs,’ Mike Peck
- Mr. Green Car: Saltwater-powered car: the Quant e-Sportlimousine
Macular Degeneration Expo April 15
The Center for Sight and Hearing, 8038 MacIntosh Lane, Rockford, will host Macular Degeneration Expo 2013, a hands-on educational day open to the public, from 9 a.m. to noon, Monday, April 15.
The event is sponsored by Genentech, the pharmaceutical company responsible for the two successful new drugs that are available for treatment of wet macular degeneration — Avastin and Lucentis.
Helpful individuals will be at the many booths relating to nutrition, transportation, home health care, rehabilitation services, magnifiers, CCTVs, Talking Books and more.
Dr. Jon Russell, the Center for Sight and Hearing’s low-vision optometrist, will be available to discuss new treatment options and devices. Center staff will be available to demonstrate the use of low-vision aids for enhancing kitchen tasks, computer skills, recreation and other activities of daily living. Free refreshments will be provided.
For more information, call the Center for Sight and Hearing at (815) 332-6800.
From the April 3-9, 2013, issue