- Woman, two teens arrested following narcotics investigation
- Former county officials charged with theft
- New Zion Baptist participates in National Back to Church Sunday Sept. 21
- Donors celebrate new school health center
- Debris cleanup underway near Fordham Dam
- Some good, some bad in Obama executive order on protecting antibiotics
- Two arrested on cannabis charges after search of detached garage on North Henrietta
- Man guilty of drug charges faces 60 years in prison
- Rockford BBB aware of ‘Microsoft’ phone scam
- Judge: Chad Grimm will remain on Illinois governor ballot
Macular Degeneration Expo April 15
The Center for Sight and Hearing, 8038 MacIntosh Lane, Rockford, will host Macular Degeneration Expo 2013, a hands-on educational day open to the public, from 9 a.m. to noon, Monday, April 15.
The event is sponsored by Genentech, the pharmaceutical company responsible for the two successful new drugs that are available for treatment of wet macular degeneration — Avastin and Lucentis.
Helpful individuals will be at the many booths relating to nutrition, transportation, home health care, rehabilitation services, magnifiers, CCTVs, Talking Books and more.
Dr. Jon Russell, the Center for Sight and Hearing’s low-vision optometrist, will be available to discuss new treatment options and devices. Center staff will be available to demonstrate the use of low-vision aids for enhancing kitchen tasks, computer skills, recreation and other activities of daily living. Free refreshments will be provided.
For more information, call the Center for Sight and Hearing at (815) 332-6800.
From the April 3-9, 2013, issue