- Scammers lurking to trap last-minute Super Bowl ticket buyers
- Sharing memories of Ernie Banks
- EarthTalk: What fish can we eat?
- Rock Valley College hosts entrepreneurship event Jan. 30
- Tube Talk: ‘The Americans’ begins third season
- Conservatives join New Hampshire rally in support of campaign finance reform
- 11 public housing residents complete job readiness training
- Youth health care enrollment event at NIU Rockford Jan. 29
- More than 50 employers at Jan. 29 job fair
- School district’s credit rating remains solid
Macular Degeneration Expo April 15
The Center for Sight and Hearing, 8038 MacIntosh Lane, Rockford, will host Macular Degeneration Expo 2013, a hands-on educational day open to the public, from 9 a.m. to noon, Monday, April 15.
The event is sponsored by Genentech, the pharmaceutical company responsible for the two successful new drugs that are available for treatment of wet macular degeneration — Avastin and Lucentis.
Helpful individuals will be at the many booths relating to nutrition, transportation, home health care, rehabilitation services, magnifiers, CCTVs, Talking Books and more.
Dr. Jon Russell, the Center for Sight and Hearing’s low-vision optometrist, will be available to discuss new treatment options and devices. Center staff will be available to demonstrate the use of low-vision aids for enhancing kitchen tasks, computer skills, recreation and other activities of daily living. Free refreshments will be provided.
For more information, call the Center for Sight and Hearing at (815) 332-6800.
From the April 3-9, 2013, issue