- Beware of online Halloween scams
- Rockton Lions raise funds for Talcott Free Library during Oct. 10 Candy Day
- Former Belvidere North teacher pleads guilty to sex charge
- Police ask for help in weekend armed robbery
- Belvidere football coach returns to sidelines after hazing probe
- IceHogs split weekend on the road
- Dog and cat adoption event at Children’s Home + Aid Oct. 20
- Arrest warrant issued in string of burglaries
- The Odds Man: Bills, Seahawks good bets in NFL Week 7
- SwedishAmerican to build new clinic in Byron
Oregon VFW Club launches spring season of live music April 5
Online Staff Report
OREGON, Ill. — Friday, April 5, will launch the spring season of live music entertainment at the Oregon VFW Club. The First Fridays musicians will be starting the festivities at 7 p.m., with each musician (or band) taking 15 minutes at center stage and continuing until each group has been featured.
Talented musicians from across northern Illinois, and often neighboring states, appear on a regular basis. The music is varied and includes country, bluegrass, blues, gospel, folk, soft rock and eclectic mixes of all of the above. Instruments are all acoustic, and a professional sound system is supplied. Participation is encouraged, so bring an instrument and join the show, or kick back and just enjoy the music.
The VFW features an extensive menu of quality food and beverage. Admission is by free-will donation.
The Oregon VFW Club is on Illinois Route 64 at the west edge of Oregon, Ill.
Posted April 3, 2013