- Lawmaker says license plate readers a privacy threat
- Bryant not the first to feel impact of free agency rules
- State Roundup: Parents’ group calls for standardized test opt-out bill
- Hononegah Mack: ‘The best woman in the county’
- The tip of the iceberg: Human trafficking in America
- State Roundup: House passes proposal to fill current fiscal year budget gap
- ‘Hogs streak hits 4 as race tightens
- Neighborhood feel key for Rural on Tap
- TRRT March 25-31 | Online Edition
- State Roundup: Plaintiffs join Rauner on fair share case
Oregon VFW Club launches spring season of live music April 5
Online Staff Report
OREGON, Ill. — Friday, April 5, will launch the spring season of live music entertainment at the Oregon VFW Club. The First Fridays musicians will be starting the festivities at 7 p.m., with each musician (or band) taking 15 minutes at center stage and continuing until each group has been featured.
Talented musicians from across northern Illinois, and often neighboring states, appear on a regular basis. The music is varied and includes country, bluegrass, blues, gospel, folk, soft rock and eclectic mixes of all of the above. Instruments are all acoustic, and a professional sound system is supplied. Participation is encouraged, so bring an instrument and join the show, or kick back and just enjoy the music.
The VFW features an extensive menu of quality food and beverage. Admission is by free-will donation.
The Oregon VFW Club is on Illinois Route 64 at the west edge of Oregon, Ill.
Posted April 3, 2013