- Minnie Minoso: Dead at 90, unbeaten
- Bring back legislative scholarships? Proposal faces serious questions from both sides
- First Friday opening for Olive Oil Experience
- RAM announce 74th Young Artist winners
- Texas Two-step: ‘Hogs sweep weekend, return home
- More highlights from the Chicago Auto Show
- Industry response to peak oil not enough long term
- TRRT March 4-10 | Online Edition
- Commentary: Walker’s budget calls for schools to stop reporting sexual assaults
- Wallace hopes for redevelopment expansion
Oregon VFW Club launches spring season of live music April 5
Online Staff Report
OREGON, Ill. — Friday, April 5, will launch the spring season of live music entertainment at the Oregon VFW Club. The First Fridays musicians will be starting the festivities at 7 p.m., with each musician (or band) taking 15 minutes at center stage and continuing until each group has been featured.
Talented musicians from across northern Illinois, and often neighboring states, appear on a regular basis. The music is varied and includes country, bluegrass, blues, gospel, folk, soft rock and eclectic mixes of all of the above. Instruments are all acoustic, and a professional sound system is supplied. Participation is encouraged, so bring an instrument and join the show, or kick back and just enjoy the music.
The VFW features an extensive menu of quality food and beverage. Admission is by free-will donation.
The Oregon VFW Club is on Illinois Route 64 at the west edge of Oregon, Ill.
Posted April 3, 2013