- Suspect, 17, charged in Halloween hit-and-run in Roscoe
- Saint Anthony College of Nursing president to retire
- Man found guilty in deadly August 2013 crash at Mulford and Garrett Lane
- ‘The Price is Right Live!’ at Coronado March 1; tickets on sale Nov. 21
- Rockford’s E. Faye Butler to perform at Ten Chimneys in Wisconsin
- Stockholm Inn to be honored by Illinois Office of Tourism
- Winnebago County Sheriff’s Office to be out in force during Thanksgiving holiday
- Wallace co-sponsors bill to increase minimum wage
- Stadelman’s measure to prevent layoffs passes state Senate
- More than 46 million Americans to travel for Thanksgiving, most since 2007
Oregon VFW Club launches spring season of live music April 5
Online Staff Report
OREGON, Ill. — Friday, April 5, will launch the spring season of live music entertainment at the Oregon VFW Club. The First Fridays musicians will be starting the festivities at 7 p.m., with each musician (or band) taking 15 minutes at center stage and continuing until each group has been featured.
Talented musicians from across northern Illinois, and often neighboring states, appear on a regular basis. The music is varied and includes country, bluegrass, blues, gospel, folk, soft rock and eclectic mixes of all of the above. Instruments are all acoustic, and a professional sound system is supplied. Participation is encouraged, so bring an instrument and join the show, or kick back and just enjoy the music.
The VFW features an extensive menu of quality food and beverage. Admission is by free-will donation.
The Oregon VFW Club is on Illinois Route 64 at the west edge of Oregon, Ill.
Posted April 3, 2013