- Hospitals lift visitor age restrictions as number of flu cases decreases
- Winnebago County sheriff names chief deputy
- URGENT: Four votes and we could lose on Keystone
- Guest Column: Housing Authority CEO: Time to unify behind quality living
- Rockford police investigate 17th Street murder
- Clean water under attack in the U.S. Congress
- Man faces charges following attempted armed robbery
- Discovery Center experiences record public attendance
- Pet Talk: Probiotics for your pets
- Illinois home prices climb 3.7 percent in December
Park District offers indoor volleyball programs beginning April 5
Online Staff Report
LOVES PARK, Ill. — A variety of opportunities for youth to learn and play indoor volleyball are offered year-round at Rockford Park District’s Indoor Sports Center in Loves Park, Ill.
Registration is under way for evening instructional programs beginning in April as well as June 2013.
Instructional programs for ages 5-8 introduce basic game skills in a fun, positive environment, with equipment geared for younger students; the next five-week evening sessions begin Sunday, April 7. The session registration fee is $40 per person ($50 non-resident).
For ages 8-11, basic skills are learned in a progressive proficiency program; the next session begins Friday, April 5. The Aces program offers a combination of instructional plus game play for players ages 11-14; the next session also begins Friday, April 5. The program fee for each of these sessions is $65 per person ($75 non-resident).
Registration ends one week before each session start date if capacity hasn’t been reached sooner; register online at www.rockfordparkdistrict.org (click My RPD), by mail, fax (with credit card) or at Park Customer Service (downtown Rockford or Carlson Ice Arena, Loves Park).
For session descriptions and schedules, check the Spring/Summer 2013 Program Guide, available online and at Park District offices and facilities, or by calling (815) 987-8800. Fee assistance may be available to eligible residents; an installment plan is also available. Information about support for players with disabilities is also available by contacting Customer Service.
Posted April 3, 2013