- Facebook’s Instant Articles not a threat to media
- U of I expert: Rauner’s pension fix ‘unconstitutional’
- State Senate approves lesser penalties for marijuana possession
- State Roundup: Natural gas vehicle tax stalls in committee
- Raptors, Rangers FC announce June camp
- Student debt 101: dearth of data fuels common misperceptions
- ‘Millionaire tax’ clears House panel
- Memorial Day events at Midway’s LZ Peace Memorial
- Wallace calls for Rockford crime task force
- How we discovered the 3 revolutions of American pop
Park District offers indoor volleyball programs beginning April 5
Online Staff Report
LOVES PARK, Ill. — A variety of opportunities for youth to learn and play indoor volleyball are offered year-round at Rockford Park District’s Indoor Sports Center in Loves Park, Ill.
Registration is under way for evening instructional programs beginning in April as well as June 2013.
Instructional programs for ages 5-8 introduce basic game skills in a fun, positive environment, with equipment geared for younger students; the next five-week evening sessions begin Sunday, April 7. The session registration fee is $40 per person ($50 non-resident).
For ages 8-11, basic skills are learned in a progressive proficiency program; the next session begins Friday, April 5. The Aces program offers a combination of instructional plus game play for players ages 11-14; the next session also begins Friday, April 5. The program fee for each of these sessions is $65 per person ($75 non-resident).
Registration ends one week before each session start date if capacity hasn’t been reached sooner; register online at www.rockfordparkdistrict.org (click My RPD), by mail, fax (with credit card) or at Park Customer Service (downtown Rockford or Carlson Ice Arena, Loves Park).
For session descriptions and schedules, check the Spring/Summer 2013 Program Guide, available online and at Park District offices and facilities, or by calling (815) 987-8800. Fee assistance may be available to eligible residents; an installment plan is also available. Information about support for players with disabilities is also available by contacting Customer Service.
Posted April 3, 2013