- Northern Illinois to get $8.3 million for state construction projects
- Tree-lighting festival kicks off holiday season in Machesney Park
- Roscoe Boy Scout Troop’s tree stand at new location
- Tips for selecting safe toys for kids this holiday season
- Prayer service for World AIDS Day Nov. 30
- Food Bank joins national #GivingTuesday movement
- Lee Hamilton: What lies ahead for Congress
- Rockford Public Schools faces $8.8 deficit, board OKs flat tax, HR chief
- Literary Hook: A holiday tradition: ‘This Thanksgiving, Remember’
- Cold snap does not negate global warming
RAMP raffle tickets go on sale April 4, drawing June 6
Tickets for RAMP’s upcoming “No Limits Raffle,” with proceeds benefiting RAMP’s Youth Services program, will go on sale April 4 at area Butitta Brothers Automotive locations and the RAMP office.
RAMP’s Youth Services programs ensures that students with disabilities are successful as adults by creating an inclusive academic environment of acceptance and by teaching the skills and personal responsibilities needed to graduate and pursue post-secondary opportunities.
Tickets for the raffle are $5 each or five for $20. The raffle drawing will be Thursday, June 6, at RAMP’s Wine Tasting & Silent Auction event at Prairie Street Brewhouse, 200 Prairie St., Rockford. Winners need not be present to win.
First-place winner in the raffle has first choice of prize, second place-winner will have second choice of prize, and so on for third, fourth and fifth places. Prizes are as follow:
• Two-tone diamond necklace from Clodius & Co. Jewelers;
• Upright Frigidaire freezer and $100 meat gift certificate (from Al Grace Appliance and 640 Meats);
• Year of Beef-A-Roo and Sugar Jones — 50 $10 meals from Beef-A-Roo and a six-pack of cupcakes each month from Sugar Jones;
• iPad (from Rockford IT); and
• IPad Mini (from IPC Communications, Inc.).
Call RAMP at (815) 968-7467 for complete rules and regulations. IRS tax regulations will apply. Ticket-seller of the first-place winner will receive a $100 Walmart gift card.
From the April 3-9, 2013, issue