- Boys’ basketball holiday tournament tips off tonight
- Ribbon-cutting for Children’s Holiday Shoppe Nov. 26; shop is open Nov. 29-Dec. 21
- Rockford Rescue Mission invites community to Thanksgiving banquet Nov. 26
- Rockton’s new business district welcomes family owned Dr. Detail U.S. Cellular
- 2014 Illinois Emerging Writers Competition winners named
- Open house for new library executive director tonight
- Freeport murder suspect Damon Dixson taken into custody in Rockford
- Local gas station employee arrested for selling liquor to minor
- Renewable Fuel Standard delay ‘a mixed blessing,’ Bustos says
- Rockford delegation presents inaugural ‘Rockford Award’ to Norwegian Air
Re-elect Matt Cuyler as Rockton Township Highway Commissioner
I encourage all the voters in Rockton Township to re-elect Matt Cuyler as Rockton Township Highway Commissioner on April 9. Matt worked as an employee of the Highway Department for 28 years before becoming Highway Commissioner. He put his time in, learned the job from the ground up, and that is apparent in his excellent service to the residents of Rockton Township. He has worked cooperatively with the other townships working with the Winnebago County Highway Department to standardize the subdivision road codes and weight limits throughout Winnebago County.
Because of his accomplishments and excellent service to the taxpayers, I encourage all the voters in Rockton Township to re-elect Matt Cuyler Rockton Township Highway Commissioner on April 9.
Rockton Township Supervisor
From the April 3-9, 2013, issue