- Commentary: Walker’s budget calls for schools to stop reporting sexual assaults
- Wallace hopes for redevelopment expansion
- Teravainen makes instant impact on return to ‘Hawks
- Oregon mayor reacts to Exelon talk of closing nuclear plant
- GiGi’s benefit for Down syndrome, March 21
- What’s the future hold for Rose?
- ‘Hogs keep pace in tight Midwest
- Qatar continues to confound
- Meet John Doe: Keep public notices in print
- Commentary: Rauner’s minimum wage plan just more of the same from GOP
Ron Holm, David Stocker, Tom Mac perform at JustGoods April 6
Online Staff Report
Forest City 350, a local chapter of a global grassroots movement to solve the climate crisis, will hold its second Climate Crossroads rally at 7 p.m., Saturday, April 6, at JustGoods, 201 Seventh St., Rockford.
The event will feature live music by Ron Holm, David Stocker and Tom Mac. Nature photography, spoken-word performance and updates from the six action groups will comprise an inspirational, momentum-building platform for launching local initiatives addressing climate change.
A grassroots movement to fight climate change on the local level was launched Feb. 16 when 100 people attended the first Climate Crossroads rally in Rockford. Now, six Action Groups have formed and are busy organizing climate solutions. Listen and discover ways to participate in Forest City 350 Action Groups addressing the threats of climate change through arts and public theater, legislative action, financial solutions, education and outreach, faith-based solutions and on-the-ground solutions.
Posted April 3, 2013