- Lee Hamilton: November’s elections won’t resolve much of anything
- Pec Playhouse Theatre announces auditions for holiday production
- Keeping up with Aida: A western adventure, part three
- State prepares for thousands of medical marijuana applications
- Rockford’s Choices Natural Market celebrates Non-GMO Month
- Week 5 NFL picks: Lions to improve to 4-1, Packers and Bears will keep pace at 3-2
- Craft Beer Scene Around Rockford: Revolution Brewing’s Oktoberfest offers good all-around balance
- Rockford’s Fall ArtScene at 37 locations Oct. 3-4
- Tales from the Trough: Preseason interview with ‘The Voice of the IceHogs,’ Mike Peck
- Mr. Green Car: Saltwater-powered car: the Quant e-Sportlimousine
Ron Holm, David Stocker, Tom Mac perform at JustGoods April 6
Online Staff Report
Forest City 350, a local chapter of a global grassroots movement to solve the climate crisis, will hold its second Climate Crossroads rally at 7 p.m., Saturday, April 6, at JustGoods, 201 Seventh St., Rockford.
The event will feature live music by Ron Holm, David Stocker and Tom Mac. Nature photography, spoken-word performance and updates from the six action groups will comprise an inspirational, momentum-building platform for launching local initiatives addressing climate change.
A grassroots movement to fight climate change on the local level was launched Feb. 16 when 100 people attended the first Climate Crossroads rally in Rockford. Now, six Action Groups have formed and are busy organizing climate solutions. Listen and discover ways to participate in Forest City 350 Action Groups addressing the threats of climate change through arts and public theater, legislative action, financial solutions, education and outreach, faith-based solutions and on-the-ground solutions.
Posted April 3, 2013