- BGA sues Chicago Police Department over transparency
- Clean water groups highlight progress for Apple River, call for more success stories
- Lincoln associates found in recently discovered 1840 Menard County census
- BIFF Year ’Round presents the documentary ‘Slingshot’ Oct. 29
- Rockford’s Discovery Center presents ‘Spooky Science’ Oct. 25
- Academic Dr. Duke Pesta speaks against Common Core, part 2
- Rockford Record Crawl 2014 celebrates music, indie retailers
- Early voting continues after ballot error corrected
- Caruana outpacing Springer in money race for sheriff
- Week 8 NFL picks: Lions, Packers will continue to share NFC North lead
Ron Holm, David Stocker, Tom Mac perform at JustGoods April 6
Online Staff Report
Forest City 350, a local chapter of a global grassroots movement to solve the climate crisis, will hold its second Climate Crossroads rally at 7 p.m., Saturday, April 6, at JustGoods, 201 Seventh St., Rockford.
The event will feature live music by Ron Holm, David Stocker and Tom Mac. Nature photography, spoken-word performance and updates from the six action groups will comprise an inspirational, momentum-building platform for launching local initiatives addressing climate change.
A grassroots movement to fight climate change on the local level was launched Feb. 16 when 100 people attended the first Climate Crossroads rally in Rockford. Now, six Action Groups have formed and are busy organizing climate solutions. Listen and discover ways to participate in Forest City 350 Action Groups addressing the threats of climate change through arts and public theater, legislative action, financial solutions, education and outreach, faith-based solutions and on-the-ground solutions.
Posted April 3, 2013