- Clean water under attack in the U.S. Congress
- Man faces charges following attempted armed robbery
- Discovery Center experiences record public attendance
- Pet Talk: Probiotics for your pets
- Illinois home prices climb 3.7 percent in December
- Supreme Court and gay marriage — U of I expert weighs in
- More than 6,100 residents of Winnebago County enrolled in Marketplace
- First large U.S. delegation to visit Cuba since opening of relations
- Merger complete for Illinois Bank & Trust, Galena State Bank
- Crusader welcomes Dr. Maria Lozano Vazquez
Ron Holm, David Stocker, Tom Mac perform at JustGoods April 6
Online Staff Report
Forest City 350, a local chapter of a global grassroots movement to solve the climate crisis, will hold its second Climate Crossroads rally at 7 p.m., Saturday, April 6, at JustGoods, 201 Seventh St., Rockford.
The event will feature live music by Ron Holm, David Stocker and Tom Mac. Nature photography, spoken-word performance and updates from the six action groups will comprise an inspirational, momentum-building platform for launching local initiatives addressing climate change.
A grassroots movement to fight climate change on the local level was launched Feb. 16 when 100 people attended the first Climate Crossroads rally in Rockford. Now, six Action Groups have formed and are busy organizing climate solutions. Listen and discover ways to participate in Forest City 350 Action Groups addressing the threats of climate change through arts and public theater, legislative action, financial solutions, education and outreach, faith-based solutions and on-the-ground solutions.
Posted April 3, 2013