- Man pleads guilty but mentally ill in 2013 murder
- Telephone, computer network outages at 22 Rockford schools
- Byron native selected as Sailor of the Year for Navy Band Southwest
- Illinois Tollway awards $337 million in contracts, sets budget
- 44 earn bachelor’s degrees at Saint Anthony College of Nursing
- Goodwill opens Donation Express site on Perryville
- Rock Valley College to manage TechWorks program
- University of Illinois at Chicago names chancellor
- Salvation Army to distribute food, toys to nearly 2,000 families
- American Manufacturing Competitiveness Act signed into law
Ron Holm, David Stocker, Tom Mac perform at JustGoods April 6
Online Staff Report
Forest City 350, a local chapter of a global grassroots movement to solve the climate crisis, will hold its second Climate Crossroads rally at 7 p.m., Saturday, April 6, at JustGoods, 201 Seventh St., Rockford.
The event will feature live music by Ron Holm, David Stocker and Tom Mac. Nature photography, spoken-word performance and updates from the six action groups will comprise an inspirational, momentum-building platform for launching local initiatives addressing climate change.
A grassroots movement to fight climate change on the local level was launched Feb. 16 when 100 people attended the first Climate Crossroads rally in Rockford. Now, six Action Groups have formed and are busy organizing climate solutions. Listen and discover ways to participate in Forest City 350 Action Groups addressing the threats of climate change through arts and public theater, legislative action, financial solutions, education and outreach, faith-based solutions and on-the-ground solutions.
Posted April 3, 2013