- Scammers lurking to trap last-minute Super Bowl ticket buyers
- Sharing memories of Ernie Banks
- EarthTalk: What fish can we eat?
- Rock Valley College hosts entrepreneurship event Jan. 30
- Tube Talk: ‘The Americans’ begins third season
- Conservatives join New Hampshire rally in support of campaign finance reform
- 11 public housing residents complete job readiness training
- Youth health care enrollment event at NIU Rockford Jan. 29
- More than 50 employers at Jan. 29 job fair
- School district’s credit rating remains solid
Spring ArtScene features original works at 32 locations with free admission April 5-6
The Rockford Area Arts Council will present the 11th Annual Spring ArtScene April 5-6.
Spring ArtScene showcases original works of art at 32 different locations across the Rockford metro area from 5 to 9 p.m., Friday, April 5, and from 3 to 9 p.m., Saturday, April 6. Admission is free.
ArtScene provides a unique opportunity for all kinds of people to get together, meet great artists and see many different types of art at one time in a festive, casual, cool and fun environment.
Enjoy new exhibits and original works of art in varied media of watercolor, acrylic, wood, sculpture, pottery, furniture, jewelry, photography and multi-media. ArtScene has something for everyone, including the chance to meet new friends — nearly 10,000 people attend ArtScene each year.
Visit www.SpringArtScene.com for more information and a list of venues with maps.
Rockford Area Arts Council is at 713 E. State St., Rockford, and can be reached at (815) 963-6765 or online at www.artsforeveryone.com.
From the April 3-9, 2013, issue