- Three female fugitives wanted in New Jersey restaurant theft arrested in Illinois
- Man guilty in 2012 crash into home that injured 8-year-old
- McDonald’s: Federal complaint says company is joint employer
- T-Mobile settlement: $90M for cell phone bill cramming
- Shelter Care Ministries gets $30,000 grant
- Even more dead bees?
- Holiday travel: 98.6 million plan getaway, most on record
- Scam artists posing as utility reps, demanding payment
- Holiday mailing deadlines approach, Rockford Post Office warns
- Hispanics more than half of all renters, yet most are uninsured
Spring ArtScene features original works at 32 locations with free admission April 5-6
The Rockford Area Arts Council will present the 11th Annual Spring ArtScene April 5-6.
Spring ArtScene showcases original works of art at 32 different locations across the Rockford metro area from 5 to 9 p.m., Friday, April 5, and from 3 to 9 p.m., Saturday, April 6. Admission is free.
ArtScene provides a unique opportunity for all kinds of people to get together, meet great artists and see many different types of art at one time in a festive, casual, cool and fun environment.
Enjoy new exhibits and original works of art in varied media of watercolor, acrylic, wood, sculpture, pottery, furniture, jewelry, photography and multi-media. ArtScene has something for everyone, including the chance to meet new friends — nearly 10,000 people attend ArtScene each year.
Visit www.SpringArtScene.com for more information and a list of venues with maps.
Rockford Area Arts Council is at 713 E. State St., Rockford, and can be reached at (815) 963-6765 or online at www.artsforeveryone.com.
From the April 3-9, 2013, issue