- Former Belvidere North teacher pleads guilty to sex charge
- Police ask for help in weekend armed robbery
- Belvidere football coach returns to sidelines after hazing probe
- IceHogs split weekend on the road
- Dog and cat adoption event at Children’s Home + Aid Oct. 20
- Arrest warrant issued in string of burglaries
- The Odds Man: Bills, Seahawks good bets in NFL Week 7
- SwedishAmerican to build new clinic in Byron
- Chrysler recall affects 907k vehicles
- 7-year-old struck by car near Walker School
Spring ArtScene features original works at 32 locations with free admission April 5-6
The Rockford Area Arts Council will present the 11th Annual Spring ArtScene April 5-6.
Spring ArtScene showcases original works of art at 32 different locations across the Rockford metro area from 5 to 9 p.m., Friday, April 5, and from 3 to 9 p.m., Saturday, April 6. Admission is free.
ArtScene provides a unique opportunity for all kinds of people to get together, meet great artists and see many different types of art at one time in a festive, casual, cool and fun environment.
Enjoy new exhibits and original works of art in varied media of watercolor, acrylic, wood, sculpture, pottery, furniture, jewelry, photography and multi-media. ArtScene has something for everyone, including the chance to meet new friends — nearly 10,000 people attend ArtScene each year.
Visit www.SpringArtScene.com for more information and a list of venues with maps.
Rockford Area Arts Council is at 713 E. State St., Rockford, and can be reached at (815) 963-6765 or online at www.artsforeveryone.com.
From the April 3-9, 2013, issue