- Dog and cat adoption event at Children’s Home + Aid Oct. 20
- Arrest warrant issued in string of burglaries
- The Odds Man: Bills, Seahawks good bets in NFL Week 7
- SwedishAmerican to build new clinic in Byron
- Chrysler recall affects 907k vehicles
- 7-year-old struck by car near Walker School
- Final City Market of the season Friday, Oct. 17
- Lee Hamilton: Viewing political corruption more broadly
- Rehearsals begin Oct. 19 for 69th presentation of Handel’s ‘Messiah’
- Amenti Haunted House opens Oct. 17 at DeKalb’s Egyptian Theatre
Support Christoffer Banks
Over the past several years, I have had the opportunity to observe the dedication with which Christoffer Bankshas pursued activities involving Rock Valley College, so it is with great enthusiasm that I write to endorse Chris for RVC Board of Trustees.
Chris received a criminal justice degree from RVC, and that has helped further his work as a Clinical Case Manager for TASC in the Winnebago County Drug Court Program. This is where I work with him and observe him assist clients enrolling in the RVC downtown location programs. He shares with them his enthusiasm for education’s ability to improve lives. He understands the challenges students face. The RVC Board needs people who understand these challenges if the school is going to be successful in keeping up enrollment. Keeping up enrollment is essential for RVC to thrive. The board needs this type of perspective. If you value RVC as a resource available to our entire community, please join me in supporting Christoffer Banks for Rock Valley College Board of Trustees.
Kate Bozym-Craig. MS, CADC
TASC Drug Court Case Manager
From the April 3-9, 2013, issue