- Three female fugitives wanted in New Jersey restaurant theft arrested in Illinois
- Man guilty in 2012 crash into home that injured 8-year-old
- McDonald’s: Federal complaint says company is joint employer
- T-Mobile settlement: $90M for cell phone bill cramming
- Shelter Care Ministries gets $30,000 grant
- Even more dead bees?
- Holiday travel: 98.6 million plan getaway, most on record
- Scam artists posing as utility reps, demanding payment
- Holiday mailing deadlines approach, Rockford Post Office warns
- Hispanics more than half of all renters, yet most are uninsured
Sustainability workshops offered at Rock Valley April 12, May 2
The Building Construction Management program, along with the Illinois Green Economy Network (IGEN), is sponsoring four sustainability workshops on the Rock Valley College (RVC) campus in Rockford. Their titles and schedules are as follow:
April 12 — “Efficient Motor Controls” and “High-Efficiency Lighting”; and
May 2 — “Paths to Sustainable Change” and “Developing and Maintaining a Skilled Energy Efficiency Workforce.”
The workshops are free for everyone and feature experts in their respective fields.
For more information and registration, visit www.igencc.org/temt. The April 12 workshop registration deadline is April 5. If you have questions regarding these workshops, contact Dan Bawinkel at (815) 921-3172.
From the April 3-9, 2013, issue