- Two adults, two kids dead in Dec. 20 Rockford shooting
- Teen in custody following shooting on Crestview
- Man sentenced to 38 years for May 2008 murder
- EarthTalk: Still in denial about climate
- Three female fugitives wanted in New Jersey restaurant theft arrested in Illinois
- Man guilty in 2012 crash into home that injured 8-year-old
- McDonald’s: Federal complaint says company is joint employer
- T-Mobile settlement: $90M for cell phone bill cramming
- Shelter Care Ministries gets $30,000 grant
- Even more dead bees?
Write in David Soll
On April 9, we will be asked once again to take a few minutes out of our lives and make our voices heard on who willrepresent us locally. Of the many votes I plan to cast, the most important will be when I write in David Soll on my ballot for Loves Park Alderman position in Ward 2. The incumbent, who is a handpicked political appointee of the mayor, has been nothing but a rubber stamp the entire time. Look up his voting record. Mr. Soll is for repealing the 5 percent utility tax, creating a more transparent government, and promises not to be a rubber stamp for anyone. I, for one, don’t want a rubber stamp to the mayor representing me. This is not my idea of good governing. We need fresh ideas and actual independent minds on the city council, and that is why I support David Soll for Ward 2 alderman.
From the April 3-9, 2013, issue