- ‘Ex Machina’ a pick for awards season
- FIFA officials arrested, extradition to US on the cards
- TRRT Online Edition | May 27-June 2
- RAA says legal opinion validates ordinance concerns
- Perfect? Not quite, but Wagner’s latest is up to the task
- Democrats readying $36 billion budget
- FIFA adds prison labor to its arsenal
- Sitting on a scoop: the story behind the V-E headlines of May 1945
- Bilderback repeats at Speedway
- US permits Arctic drilling, but questions about safety remain
Alcohol countermeasure enforcement in place in April
PECATONICA, Ill. — Captain Jeff Bain, District 16 Commander, has announced Illinois State Police (ISP) will conduct alcohol countermeasure enforcement (ACE) patrols in Winnebago County in April.
The ACE patrols allow the ISP to target an area with saturation patrols that focus on preventing, detecting and taking enforcement action in response to violations associated with impaired driving and illegal transportation or consumption of alcohol and other drugs.
Across the country, an average of one alcohol-related traffic death occurs every 51 minutes. Alcohol and drug impairment remain significant factors in nearly 40 percent of all fatal motor vehicle crashes in Illinois. Each year in Illinois, hundreds of lives are lost in alcohol-related crashes. Don’t risk losing your license, your car and your freedom. If you drive impaired, law enforcement will arrest you.
This project is funded by the Illinois Department of Transportation, Division of Traffic Safety.
From the April 10-16, 2013, issue