- Telephone fraud on the rise, BBB reports
- Pet Talk: The seeing eye guide dog birthday
- State Police seize 155 pounds of cannabis during traffic stop
- Mitt Romney won’t run in 2016
- Man shot three times near Oakley Avenue, West Jefferson Street
- Goodwill’s free income tax sites open Jan. 30
- Rock Valley College hosts FAFSA Completion Night Feb. 4
- Stateline Fruit and Vegetable Growers Conference Feb. 5
- Cardiology Millennium Conference Feb. 2
- Scammers lurking to trap last-minute Super Bowl ticket buyers
Alcohol countermeasure enforcement in place in April
PECATONICA, Ill. — Captain Jeff Bain, District 16 Commander, has announced Illinois State Police (ISP) will conduct alcohol countermeasure enforcement (ACE) patrols in Winnebago County in April.
The ACE patrols allow the ISP to target an area with saturation patrols that focus on preventing, detecting and taking enforcement action in response to violations associated with impaired driving and illegal transportation or consumption of alcohol and other drugs.
Across the country, an average of one alcohol-related traffic death occurs every 51 minutes. Alcohol and drug impairment remain significant factors in nearly 40 percent of all fatal motor vehicle crashes in Illinois. Each year in Illinois, hundreds of lives are lost in alcohol-related crashes. Don’t risk losing your license, your car and your freedom. If you drive impaired, law enforcement will arrest you.
This project is funded by the Illinois Department of Transportation, Division of Traffic Safety.
From the April 10-16, 2013, issue