- Wallace hopes for redevelopment expansion
- Teravainen makes instant impact on return to ‘Hawks
- Oregon mayor reacts to Exelon talk of closing nuclear plant
- GiGi’s benefit for Down syndrome, March 21
- What’s the future hold for Rose?
- ‘Hogs keep pace in tight Midwest
- Qatar continues to confound
- Meet John Doe: Keep public notices in print
- Commentary: Rauner’s minimum wage plan just more of the same from GOP
- Tube Talk: A bite out of the competition
Earth Day clean-up at Aldeen Park April 21
• Participants requested to register by April 19
In celebration of Earth Day (April 22), a clean-up will be held from 1 to 4 p.m., Sunday, April 21, at Reuben A. Aldeen Park, 623 N. Alpine Road, Rockford.
The community is invited to assist in picking up debris throughout the park, woods and prairie, and along Keith Creek, which runs through the 92-acre Rockford Park District park.
Clean-up supplies such as bags, grabber sticks and gloves will be supplied by the Rockford Park District. Long pants, sleeves and sturdy shoes are recommended. Bring waders if you would like to venture into the shallow creek. Children may participate with an adult present.
Individuals and groups are welcome to join in the volunteer effort. Registration for the free event is requested. Call (815) 964-6666 by Friday, April 19, to sign up.
From the April 10-16, 2013, issue