- Beware of online Halloween scams
- Rockton Lions raise funds for Talcott Free Library during Oct. 10 Candy Day
- Former Belvidere North teacher pleads guilty to sex charge
- Police ask for help in weekend armed robbery
- Belvidere football coach returns to sidelines after hazing probe
- IceHogs split weekend on the road
- Dog and cat adoption event at Children’s Home + Aid Oct. 20
- Arrest warrant issued in string of burglaries
- The Odds Man: Bills, Seahawks good bets in NFL Week 7
- SwedishAmerican to build new clinic in Byron
Earth Day clean-up at Aldeen Park April 21
• Participants requested to register by April 19
In celebration of Earth Day (April 22), a clean-up will be held from 1 to 4 p.m., Sunday, April 21, at Reuben A. Aldeen Park, 623 N. Alpine Road, Rockford.
The community is invited to assist in picking up debris throughout the park, woods and prairie, and along Keith Creek, which runs through the 92-acre Rockford Park District park.
Clean-up supplies such as bags, grabber sticks and gloves will be supplied by the Rockford Park District. Long pants, sleeves and sturdy shoes are recommended. Bring waders if you would like to venture into the shallow creek. Children may participate with an adult present.
Individuals and groups are welcome to join in the volunteer effort. Registration for the free event is requested. Call (815) 964-6666 by Friday, April 19, to sign up.
From the April 10-16, 2013, issue