- Suspect, 17, charged in Halloween hit-and-run in Roscoe
- Saint Anthony College of Nursing president to retire
- Man found guilty in deadly August 2013 crash at Mulford and Garrett Lane
- ‘The Price is Right Live!’ at Coronado March 1; tickets on sale Nov. 21
- Rockford’s E. Faye Butler to perform at Ten Chimneys in Wisconsin
- Stockholm Inn to be honored by Illinois Office of Tourism
- Winnebago County Sheriff’s Office to be out in force during Thanksgiving holiday
- Wallace co-sponsors bill to increase minimum wage
- Stadelman’s measure to prevent layoffs passes state Senate
- More than 46 million Americans to travel for Thanksgiving, most since 2007
Family Counseling Services hires executive director
Family Counseling Services (FCS), a leading provider for counseling and family life education in Winnebago and Boone counties, announced it has hired Theresa Zito for the position of executive director. Zito’s extensive knowledge of domestic violence issues, child welfare, program development and fund-raising will support the existing skill set of FCS counselors.
Zito has more than 17 years of experience in the field of social work as a program director and therapist. She was previously director of violence programs at Jane Addams Hull House in Chicago, where she managed program operations and annual fund-raising activities and most recently, the program director at Metropolitan Family Services in Chicago.
“We are pleased that Theresa has accepted the position of executive director,” said Lisa Johnson, FCS Board president. “With her background and experience, she will move Family Counseling Services forward to continued success. We also wish our departing executive director, Sue Razbadouski, continued success as she transitions into private counseling work.”
Zito is a member of the Domestic Violence Advisory Council and volunteers as a peer reviewer for the Council on Accreditation. She earned a bachelor of science degree in psychology from Rockford College and a master’s degree in social work from Aurora University, Aurora, Ill.
From the April 10-16, 2013, issue