- Mr. Green Car: A car from your printer
- Candle Crest owners to open their first store and manufacturing operation in Rockford
- DuPont ordered to pay $1.85M for killing trees
- Rockford hosts America’s largest World War II-era re-enactment Sept. 20-21
- Guest Column: Former alderman: Rail station should be on Cedar Street
- A visit to The Wall That Heals
- The Odds Man: ‘D’ is key in Week 3
- Craft Beer Scene Around Rockford: Capital Brewery’s Oktoberfest a delicious, malty lager
- Week 3 NFL picks: Wins for Bears and Packers, losses for Lions and Vikings
- Rockford Rocked Interviews: Catching up with John ‘Brizz’ Brizzolara of 96.7 The Eagle
Family Counseling Services hires executive director
Family Counseling Services (FCS), a leading provider for counseling and family life education in Winnebago and Boone counties, announced it has hired Theresa Zito for the position of executive director. Zito’s extensive knowledge of domestic violence issues, child welfare, program development and fund-raising will support the existing skill set of FCS counselors.
Zito has more than 17 years of experience in the field of social work as a program director and therapist. She was previously director of violence programs at Jane Addams Hull House in Chicago, where she managed program operations and annual fund-raising activities and most recently, the program director at Metropolitan Family Services in Chicago.
“We are pleased that Theresa has accepted the position of executive director,” said Lisa Johnson, FCS Board president. “With her background and experience, she will move Family Counseling Services forward to continued success. We also wish our departing executive director, Sue Razbadouski, continued success as she transitions into private counseling work.”
Zito is a member of the Domestic Violence Advisory Council and volunteers as a peer reviewer for the Council on Accreditation. She earned a bachelor of science degree in psychology from Rockford College and a master’s degree in social work from Aurora University, Aurora, Ill.
From the April 10-16, 2013, issue