- Salvation Army to distribute food, toys to nearly 2,000 families
- American Manufacturing Competitiveness Act signed into law
- ABC Supply acquires Siding World
- IceHogs recall Jamie Wise, next home game Dec. 26
- Jimmy Clausen to start for Bears Sunday against Lions
- Email phishing scams escalate, BBB reports
- SwedishAmerican merges, becomes division of UW Health
- Aaron Rodgers has Jay Cutler’s back, even if the Bears don’t
- Police investigate home invasion on Applewood Lane
- Amy Newell named The Arc executive director
Family Counseling Services hires executive director
Family Counseling Services (FCS), a leading provider for counseling and family life education in Winnebago and Boone counties, announced it has hired Theresa Zito for the position of executive director. Zito’s extensive knowledge of domestic violence issues, child welfare, program development and fund-raising will support the existing skill set of FCS counselors.
Zito has more than 17 years of experience in the field of social work as a program director and therapist. She was previously director of violence programs at Jane Addams Hull House in Chicago, where she managed program operations and annual fund-raising activities and most recently, the program director at Metropolitan Family Services in Chicago.
“We are pleased that Theresa has accepted the position of executive director,” said Lisa Johnson, FCS Board president. “With her background and experience, she will move Family Counseling Services forward to continued success. We also wish our departing executive director, Sue Razbadouski, continued success as she transitions into private counseling work.”
Zito is a member of the Domestic Violence Advisory Council and volunteers as a peer reviewer for the Council on Accreditation. She earned a bachelor of science degree in psychology from Rockford College and a master’s degree in social work from Aurora University, Aurora, Ill.
From the April 10-16, 2013, issue