- IceHogs squeak by Grand Rapids behind strong Leighton showing
- Celebrate Dia de los Muertos at Riverfront Museum Park campus Nov. 1
- Lee Hamilton: Some thoughts on governing
- Top of Illinois Veterans Stand Down Oct. 31 in Rockford
- CUB shares list of worst customer horror stories
- Park District receives Governor’s Sustainability Award
- Park District’s ‘Ties & Tennies’ fund-raiser Nov. 14; deadline Nov. 6
- Nov. 2 concert celebrates release of Jodi Beach’s sixth recording
- Healthy Halloween Party Nov. 1 at U of I College of Medicine at Rockford
- Three local NFL Flag Football teams head to regional competition
Family Counseling Services hires executive director
Family Counseling Services (FCS), a leading provider for counseling and family life education in Winnebago and Boone counties, announced it has hired Theresa Zito for the position of executive director. Zito’s extensive knowledge of domestic violence issues, child welfare, program development and fund-raising will support the existing skill set of FCS counselors.
Zito has more than 17 years of experience in the field of social work as a program director and therapist. She was previously director of violence programs at Jane Addams Hull House in Chicago, where she managed program operations and annual fund-raising activities and most recently, the program director at Metropolitan Family Services in Chicago.
“We are pleased that Theresa has accepted the position of executive director,” said Lisa Johnson, FCS Board president. “With her background and experience, she will move Family Counseling Services forward to continued success. We also wish our departing executive director, Sue Razbadouski, continued success as she transitions into private counseling work.”
Zito is a member of the Domestic Violence Advisory Council and volunteers as a peer reviewer for the Council on Accreditation. She earned a bachelor of science degree in psychology from Rockford College and a master’s degree in social work from Aurora University, Aurora, Ill.
From the April 10-16, 2013, issue