- Olympic star Michael Phelps arrested on second DUI charge
- Former NIU QB Harnish signed to Vikings practice squad
- Man arrested after ax incident
- The Odds Man: Chicago, Detroit, San Diego good bets in Week 4
- Updated: Roosevelt High School evacuated after bomb threat
- Grand jury: No charges against Tony Stewart
- Laurent House to remain open for tours throughout the year
- Dynamic father-son piano duo at Mendelssohn Sept. 26
- Award-winning author Dr. Amina Gautier at Rock Valley Sept. 25
- City to remove traffic lights
Health Care Career Fair at Rock Valley April 11-12
Online Staff Report
Thursday and Friday, April 11-12, will mark the 10th time in the last 13 years that Rock Valley College (RVC) and the three Rockford-area health systems (OSF Saint Anthony Medical Center, Rockford Health System and SwedishAmerican Health System) are sponsoring an event to promote awareness of the many available medical career options.
The Health Care Career Fair runs from 4 to 7 p.m., Thursday, April 11, and from 8 a.m. to 1 p.m., Friday, April 12, in the Physical Education Center (PEC) on the RVC main campus, 3301 N. Mulford Road, Rockford. Both sessions are open to the public, and school groups from across northern Illinois will be attending Friday’s session.
While it is important to note that this event is not a job fair or job recruitment fair, there are plenty of things for attendees of all ages to see and do.
Representatives from all four sponsoring organizations will be on site engaging those in attendance from interactive booths representing an array of health care careers, including dental hygiene, emergency medical services, laboratory science, nursing (RN, LPN and CAN), occupational/physical therapy, pharmacy, radiation therapy, radiologic science, respiratory therapy, sleep center, speech therapy and surgical technology.
In addition to these hands-on exhibits, those who attend the fair will learn about the education and skills needed to pursue the medical career that interests them, will have an opportunity to talk to students and professionals in each field, and can visit a simulated operating room and emergency room. An emergency response helicopter will also be on display outside at the event.
For more about the Health Care Career Fair at RVC, call (815) 921-3200. To bring a school group, contact Linda Auman at (815) 921-4086.
Posted April 10, 2013