- Tales from the Trough: IceHogs rebound with four straight wins
- Clean water groups, small business owners, community leaders celebrate Clean Water Act
- Police investigate death of 71-year-old man who was struck in October while riding in his wheelchair
- Woman gets 10 years for 2013 involuntary manslaughter
- Secretary of State Police to target abuse of disability parking on Black Friday
- Illinois Commerce Commission approves 500-mile direct-current electric wind power line
- Meet John Doe: Rockford could benefit from the new Digital Manufacturing and Design Innovation Institute in Chicago
- Tech-Friendly: Surface Pro 3 ad comparing it to MacBook Air is a joke
- Chicago restaurateur Billy Lawless to introduce Obama during immigration speech in Chicago
- Travel Wisconsin Snow Conditions Report assists snow seekers
Hugh Deery among 2013 Illinois Stock Car Hall of Fame inductees
By Doug Halberstadt
Saturday, April 13, Rockford’s Hugh Deery will be posthumously inducted into the Illinois Stock Car Hall of Fame. The ceremony is open to the public and will be at Hoffman House, 7550 E. State St., Rockford.
Rockford Speedway late-model track champion Jerry Gille will be “introducing” Deery during the ceremony. A limited number of tickets are still available. Cost is $35 each. Call Art Fehrman at (708) 254-5196 to purchase tickets.
Social hour begins at 5 p.m., family style dinner at 6 p.m. and induction ceremony awards at 7 p.m.
Prior to the official ceremony, fans can view displays honoring all 11 of this year’s inductees at the Historic Auto Attractions Museum. There, you’ll find the home of the Illinois Stock Car Hall Of Fame. They will unveil 2013 inductees’ displays from 1 to 4 p.m. Attending will be the 2013 inductees and families, car owners and race fans. There will also be an outdoor display of many championship stock cars representing the 1950s, 1960s and 1970s. Historic Auto Attractions is at 13825 Metric Drive in Roscoe, Ill. The museum is 1 mile west of Interstate 90 off Rockton Road, exit 3. Cost for the Hall of Fame displays and entrance to the museum is $12 for adults and $7 for students ages 6-15.
The other members of this year’s class include announcer Jan Gabriel; car builder WayneLensing; West Region drivers Jim Cossman and Roy Martinelli; Midwest Region drivers Jim O’Connor and Rich Clement; North East Region drivers Bud Koehler and Ray Young; and South Region drivers Herb Shannon Sr. and Jack Tyne.
From the April 10-16, 2013, issue