- Northern Illinois to get $8.3 million for state construction projects
- Tree-lighting festival kicks off holiday season in Machesney Park
- Roscoe Boy Scout Troop’s tree stand at new location
- Tips for selecting safe toys for kids this holiday season
- Prayer service for World AIDS Day Nov. 30
- Food Bank joins national #GivingTuesday movement
- Lee Hamilton: What lies ahead for Congress
- Rockford Public Schools faces $8.8 deficit, board OKs flat tax, HR chief
- Literary Hook: A holiday tradition: ‘This Thanksgiving, Remember’
- Cold snap does not negate global warming
Junior League presents Kids in the Kitchen April 13 at Discovery Center
Online Staff Report
The Junior League of Rockford, Inc., Kids in the Kitchen event be from 10 a.m. to noon, Saturday, April 13, at the Discovery Center Museum, 711 N Main St., Rockford.
Kids in the Kitchen will have a variety of activities, including a yoga session and an activity where kids can dress as a super hero and choose a “super” food. There will also be an “Eat this, not that” activity, and kids can learn to plant their own veggies and take one home. Healthy food samples and giveaways will also be included.
In recent years, many news articles and studies have shown that childhood obesity is beginning to reach a plateau because of awareness-building efforts and programs like this one.
Contact Junior League President Elizabeth Groncki-Boger at (815) 399-4518 or visit www.jlrockford.org.
Posted April 10, 2013