- Email phishing scams escalate, BBB reports
- SwedishAmerican merges, becomes division of UW Health
- Aaron Rodgers has Jay Cutler’s back, even if the Bears don’t
- Police investigate home invasion on Applewood Lane
- Amy Newell named The Arc executive director
- Rockford Rocked Interviews: A chat with Rockford native Larry Merryman of Stonefront
- Technological assessment is needed
- Consumer advocates prep for looming telecom battle
- National Council of Churches president to speak in Rockford Sunday, Dec. 28
- RSO’s Holiday Pops set for Dec. 20-21 at Coronado
Junior League presents Kids in the Kitchen April 13 at Discovery Center
Online Staff Report
The Junior League of Rockford, Inc., Kids in the Kitchen event be from 10 a.m. to noon, Saturday, April 13, at the Discovery Center Museum, 711 N Main St., Rockford.
Kids in the Kitchen will have a variety of activities, including a yoga session and an activity where kids can dress as a super hero and choose a “super” food. There will also be an “Eat this, not that” activity, and kids can learn to plant their own veggies and take one home. Healthy food samples and giveaways will also be included.
In recent years, many news articles and studies have shown that childhood obesity is beginning to reach a plateau because of awareness-building efforts and programs like this one.
Contact Junior League President Elizabeth Groncki-Boger at (815) 399-4518 or visit www.jlrockford.org.
Posted April 10, 2013