- Academic Dr. Duke Pesta speaks against Common Core, part 2
- Rockford Record Crawl 2014 celebrates music, indie retailers
- Early voting continues after ballot error corrected
- Caruana outpacing Springer in money race for sheriff
- Week 8 NFL picks: Lions, Packers will continue to share NFC North lead
- Impacts of low oil prices
- Monica Lewinsky takes aim at online bullying
- Beware of online Halloween scams
- Rockton Lions raise funds for Talcott Free Library during Oct. 10 Candy Day
- Former Belvidere North teacher pleads guilty to sex charge
Junior League presents Kids in the Kitchen April 13 at Discovery Center
Online Staff Report
The Junior League of Rockford, Inc., Kids in the Kitchen event be from 10 a.m. to noon, Saturday, April 13, at the Discovery Center Museum, 711 N Main St., Rockford.
Kids in the Kitchen will have a variety of activities, including a yoga session and an activity where kids can dress as a super hero and choose a “super” food. There will also be an “Eat this, not that” activity, and kids can learn to plant their own veggies and take one home. Healthy food samples and giveaways will also be included.
In recent years, many news articles and studies have shown that childhood obesity is beginning to reach a plateau because of awareness-building efforts and programs like this one.
Contact Junior League President Elizabeth Groncki-Boger at (815) 399-4518 or visit www.jlrockford.org.
Posted April 10, 2013