- Hospitals lift visitor age restrictions as number of flu cases decreases
- Winnebago County sheriff names chief deputy
- URGENT: Four votes and we could lose on Keystone
- Guest Column: Housing Authority CEO: Time to unify behind quality living
- Rockford police investigate 17th Street murder
- Clean water under attack in the U.S. Congress
- Man faces charges following attempted armed robbery
- Discovery Center experiences record public attendance
- Pet Talk: Probiotics for your pets
- Illinois home prices climb 3.7 percent in December
Junior League presents Kids in the Kitchen April 13 at Discovery Center
Online Staff Report
The Junior League of Rockford, Inc., Kids in the Kitchen event be from 10 a.m. to noon, Saturday, April 13, at the Discovery Center Museum, 711 N Main St., Rockford.
Kids in the Kitchen will have a variety of activities, including a yoga session and an activity where kids can dress as a super hero and choose a “super” food. There will also be an “Eat this, not that” activity, and kids can learn to plant their own veggies and take one home. Healthy food samples and giveaways will also be included.
In recent years, many news articles and studies have shown that childhood obesity is beginning to reach a plateau because of awareness-building efforts and programs like this one.
Contact Junior League President Elizabeth Groncki-Boger at (815) 399-4518 or visit www.jlrockford.org.
Posted April 10, 2013