- Email phishing scams escalate, BBB reports
- SwedishAmerican merges, becomes division of UW Health
- Aaron Rodgers has Jay Cutler’s back, even if the Bears don’t
- Police investigate home invasion on Applewood Lane
- Amy Newell named The Arc executive director
- Rockford Rocked Interviews: A chat with Rockford native Larry Merryman of Stonefront
- Technological assessment is needed
- Consumer advocates prep for looming telecom battle
- National Council of Churches president to speak in Rockford Sunday, Dec. 28
- RSO’s Holiday Pops set for Dec. 20-21 at Coronado
Kantorei performs at Pilgrim Baptist Church April 14
Online Staff Report
Kantorei, The Singing Boys of Rockford, will perform “HeartSong” at 4:30 p.m., Sunday, April 14, in a collaborative program at Pilgrim Baptist Church, 1703 S. Central Ave., Rockford.
Acclaimed for their musical discipline, sensitivity and well-rounded programming, Kantorei represents the finest tradition of boy choirs. Under the musical direction of Joel Ross and Bradley Koloch, the choir will present a varied program including American folk hymns and spirituals, and music that will encourage, inspire and touch the heart.
A highlight of the concert will be young jazz saxophone virtuoso Evon Sams and Pilgrim Baptist’s Praise Dancers under the direction of Matti Chappel.
Celebrating their 49th anniversary, Kantorei offers boys and young men ages 7-18 a musical education while providing opportunities for personal growth. The choir has delighted audiences locally, nationally and throughout the world in prestigious choral festivals and concert tours of Europe, Canada, Japan, New Zealand and Brazil. Last summer, the boys earned two silver medals performing in the “Champion’s Division” at the World Choir Games held in Cincinnati. Kantorei has released six compact disc recordings showcasing the boys’ talents in a diverse repertoire. The choir recruits new members on an ongoing basis, and financial assistance is available.
Posted April 10, 2013