- The Odds Man: Three road dogs good bets in NFL Week 8
- IceHogs nipped in third period, return home Saturday
- BGA sues Chicago Police Department over transparency
- Clean water groups highlight progress for Apple River, call for more success stories
- Lincoln associates found in recently discovered 1840 Menard County census
- BIFF Year ’Round presents the documentary ‘Slingshot’ Oct. 29
- Rockford’s Discovery Center presents ‘Spooky Science’ Oct. 25
- Academic Dr. Duke Pesta speaks against Common Core, part 2
- Rockford Record Crawl 2014 celebrates music, indie retailers
- Early voting continues after ballot error corrected
Red Shoe Run/Walk for Donor Awareness April 13
Online Staff Report
The 10th Annual Red Shoe Run For Donor Awareness will be Saturday, April 13, at Northern Illinois University — Rockford. This 5-K competitive run and 1-mile fitness walk raises funds and awareness for the need of lifesaving donations of blood, bone marrow, cornea, organs and tissues.
Last year, this growing event involved more than 1,100 participants. The Red Shoe Run for Donor Awareness raises critical funds needed to pay for tissue-typing new members of the Rock River Valley Blood Center’s Be The Match Marrow Registry and promotes lifesaving and life-restoring organ, tissue, eye, blood and marrow cell donation in the community.
Race time is 8 a.m., April 13. Pre-registration packet pickup will be at Rock River Valley Blood Center, 419 N. Sixth St., from 6:30 a.m. to 6 p.m., Thursday, April 11, and 6:30 to 9:30 a.m., Friday, April 12.
Prizeds will be awarded in 17 different age divisions. The first 800 registered will receive a special-edition event T-shirt.
Posted April 10, 2013