- Telephone fraud on the rise, BBB reports
- Pet Talk: The seeing eye guide dog birthday
- State Police seize 155 pounds of cannabis during traffic stop
- Mitt Romney won’t run in 2016
- Man shot three times near Oakley Avenue, West Jefferson Street
- Goodwill’s free income tax sites open Jan. 30
- Rock Valley College hosts FAFSA Completion Night Feb. 4
- Stateline Fruit and Vegetable Growers Conference Feb. 5
- Cardiology Millennium Conference Feb. 2
- Scammers lurking to trap last-minute Super Bowl ticket buyers
Red Shoe Run/Walk for Donor Awareness April 13
Online Staff Report
The 10th Annual Red Shoe Run For Donor Awareness will be Saturday, April 13, at Northern Illinois University — Rockford. This 5-K competitive run and 1-mile fitness walk raises funds and awareness for the need of lifesaving donations of blood, bone marrow, cornea, organs and tissues.
Last year, this growing event involved more than 1,100 participants. The Red Shoe Run for Donor Awareness raises critical funds needed to pay for tissue-typing new members of the Rock River Valley Blood Center’s Be The Match Marrow Registry and promotes lifesaving and life-restoring organ, tissue, eye, blood and marrow cell donation in the community.
Race time is 8 a.m., April 13. Pre-registration packet pickup will be at Rock River Valley Blood Center, 419 N. Sixth St., from 6:30 a.m. to 6 p.m., Thursday, April 11, and 6:30 to 9:30 a.m., Friday, April 12.
Prizeds will be awarded in 17 different age divisions. The first 800 registered will receive a special-edition event T-shirt.
Posted April 10, 2013