- The Odds Man: NFL QBs holding up Vegas in Week 9
- Murder charges filed in crash that killed Rockford attorney
- General Election Endorsements: Re-elect Madigan, Kinzinger
- IceHogs squeak by Grand Rapids behind strong Leighton showing
- Celebrate Dia de los Muertos at Riverfront Museum Park campus Nov. 1
- Lee Hamilton: Some thoughts on governing
- Top of Illinois Veterans Stand Down Oct. 31 in Rockford
- CUB shares list of worst customer horror stories
- Park District receives Governor’s Sustainability Award
- Park District’s ‘Ties & Tennies’ fund-raiser Nov. 14; deadline Nov. 6
Red Shoe Run/Walk for Donor Awareness April 13
Online Staff Report
The 10th Annual Red Shoe Run For Donor Awareness will be Saturday, April 13, at Northern Illinois University — Rockford. This 5-K competitive run and 1-mile fitness walk raises funds and awareness for the need of lifesaving donations of blood, bone marrow, cornea, organs and tissues.
Last year, this growing event involved more than 1,100 participants. The Red Shoe Run for Donor Awareness raises critical funds needed to pay for tissue-typing new members of the Rock River Valley Blood Center’s Be The Match Marrow Registry and promotes lifesaving and life-restoring organ, tissue, eye, blood and marrow cell donation in the community.
Race time is 8 a.m., April 13. Pre-registration packet pickup will be at Rock River Valley Blood Center, 419 N. Sixth St., from 6:30 a.m. to 6 p.m., Thursday, April 11, and 6:30 to 9:30 a.m., Friday, April 12.
Prizeds will be awarded in 17 different age divisions. The first 800 registered will receive a special-edition event T-shirt.
Posted April 10, 2013