- The Odds Man: NFL QBs holding up Vegas in Week 9
- Murder charges filed in crash that killed Rockford attorney
- General Election Endorsements: Re-elect Madigan, Kinzinger
- IceHogs squeak by Grand Rapids behind strong Leighton showing
- Celebrate Dia de los Muertos at Riverfront Museum Park campus Nov. 1
- Lee Hamilton: Some thoughts on governing
- Top of Illinois Veterans Stand Down Oct. 31 in Rockford
- CUB shares list of worst customer horror stories
- Park District receives Governor’s Sustainability Award
- Park District’s ‘Ties & Tennies’ fund-raiser Nov. 14; deadline Nov. 6
Student exhibition opens April 12 at Freeport Art Museum
Online Staff Report
FREEPORT, Ill. — Celebrate the talented young artists from the schools of Freeport, Ill., and surrounding communities by visiting the annual “Aspiring Artists: A Student Exhibition,” opening Friday, April 12, and running though May 25, at the Freeport Art Museum, 121 N. Harlem Ave., Freeport, Ill.
Paintings, drawings and sculpture by hundreds of students representing Freeport, Durand, Dakota, West Carroll, Pearl City and Faith Christian School will be on display. The open theme of this year’s show recognizes the “best of the best” in student work from area schools.
Museum Education Director Barry Treu noted: “The talents, creativity and abilities of these students are well worth seeing. This exhibit clearly demonstrates the value of art education in the schools and in the lives of our young people.”
Opening reception for the exhibit will be from 5 to 7 p.m., Friday, April 12, during which awards for first, second and third place and honoroable mentions for for elementary, middle and high school students will be announced.
Call (815) 235-9755 or visit freeportartmuseum.com. Admission is free, although donations are accepted.
Posted April 10, 2013