- Telephone fraud on the rise, BBB reports
- Pet Talk: The seeing eye guide dog birthday
- State Police seize 155 pounds of cannabis during traffic stop
- Mitt Romney won’t run in 2016
- Man shot three times near Oakley Avenue, West Jefferson Street
- Goodwill’s free income tax sites open Jan. 30
- Rock Valley College hosts FAFSA Completion Night Feb. 4
- Stateline Fruit and Vegetable Growers Conference Feb. 5
- Cardiology Millennium Conference Feb. 2
- Scammers lurking to trap last-minute Super Bowl ticket buyers
Student exhibition opens April 12 at Freeport Art Museum
Online Staff Report
FREEPORT, Ill. — Celebrate the talented young artists from the schools of Freeport, Ill., and surrounding communities by visiting the annual “Aspiring Artists: A Student Exhibition,” opening Friday, April 12, and running though May 25, at the Freeport Art Museum, 121 N. Harlem Ave., Freeport, Ill.
Paintings, drawings and sculpture by hundreds of students representing Freeport, Durand, Dakota, West Carroll, Pearl City and Faith Christian School will be on display. The open theme of this year’s show recognizes the “best of the best” in student work from area schools.
Museum Education Director Barry Treu noted: “The talents, creativity and abilities of these students are well worth seeing. This exhibit clearly demonstrates the value of art education in the schools and in the lives of our young people.”
Opening reception for the exhibit will be from 5 to 7 p.m., Friday, April 12, during which awards for first, second and third place and honoroable mentions for for elementary, middle and high school students will be announced.
Call (815) 235-9755 or visit freeportartmuseum.com. Admission is free, although donations are accepted.
Posted April 10, 2013