- The Odds Man: Three road dogs good bets in NFL Week 8
- IceHogs nipped in third period, return home Saturday
- BGA sues Chicago Police Department over transparency
- Clean water groups highlight progress for Apple River, call for more success stories
- Lincoln associates found in recently discovered 1840 Menard County census
- BIFF Year ’Round presents the documentary ‘Slingshot’ Oct. 29
- Rockford’s Discovery Center presents ‘Spooky Science’ Oct. 25
- Academic Dr. Duke Pesta speaks against Common Core, part 2
- Rockford Record Crawl 2014 celebrates music, indie retailers
- Early voting continues after ballot error corrected
Student exhibition opens April 12 at Freeport Art Museum
Online Staff Report
FREEPORT, Ill. — Celebrate the talented young artists from the schools of Freeport, Ill., and surrounding communities by visiting the annual “Aspiring Artists: A Student Exhibition,” opening Friday, April 12, and running though May 25, at the Freeport Art Museum, 121 N. Harlem Ave., Freeport, Ill.
Paintings, drawings and sculpture by hundreds of students representing Freeport, Durand, Dakota, West Carroll, Pearl City and Faith Christian School will be on display. The open theme of this year’s show recognizes the “best of the best” in student work from area schools.
Museum Education Director Barry Treu noted: “The talents, creativity and abilities of these students are well worth seeing. This exhibit clearly demonstrates the value of art education in the schools and in the lives of our young people.”
Opening reception for the exhibit will be from 5 to 7 p.m., Friday, April 12, during which awards for first, second and third place and honoroable mentions for for elementary, middle and high school students will be announced.
Call (815) 235-9755 or visit freeportartmuseum.com. Admission is free, although donations are accepted.
Posted April 10, 2013