- Freeport murder suspect Damon Dixson taken into custody in Rockford
- Local gas station employee arrested for selling liquor to minor
- Renewable Fuel Standard delay ‘a mixed blessing,’ Bustos says
- Rockford delegation presents inaugural ‘Rockford Award’ to Norwegian Air
- Education in Illinois making slow progress, according to report
- Illinois GOP Congressional delegation: Obama’s immigration plan undermines rule of law
- Suspect, 17, charged in Halloween hit-and-run in Roscoe
- Saint Anthony College of Nursing president to retire
- Man found guilty in deadly August 2013 crash at Mulford and Garrett Lane
- ‘The Price is Right Live!’ at Coronado March 1; tickets on sale Nov. 21
Student exhibition opens April 12 at Freeport Art Museum
Online Staff Report
FREEPORT, Ill. — Celebrate the talented young artists from the schools of Freeport, Ill., and surrounding communities by visiting the annual “Aspiring Artists: A Student Exhibition,” opening Friday, April 12, and running though May 25, at the Freeport Art Museum, 121 N. Harlem Ave., Freeport, Ill.
Paintings, drawings and sculpture by hundreds of students representing Freeport, Durand, Dakota, West Carroll, Pearl City and Faith Christian School will be on display. The open theme of this year’s show recognizes the “best of the best” in student work from area schools.
Museum Education Director Barry Treu noted: “The talents, creativity and abilities of these students are well worth seeing. This exhibit clearly demonstrates the value of art education in the schools and in the lives of our young people.”
Opening reception for the exhibit will be from 5 to 7 p.m., Friday, April 12, during which awards for first, second and third place and honoroable mentions for for elementary, middle and high school students will be announced.
Call (815) 235-9755 or visit freeportartmuseum.com. Admission is free, although donations are accepted.
Posted April 10, 2013